My pc freezes right at the windows login screen. It does not even give me the
field to type in my password. It happens in normal and safe mode. Please
help.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:A827FBAB-CDAC-40A2-9EDF-83CEA528F99E@microsoft.com,
krsdownlow <krsdownlow@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> My pc freezes right at the windows login screen. It does not even
> give me the field to type in my password. It happens in normal and
> safe mode. Please help.

If you can't get into the OS at all with safe mode or with last known good
configuration and no specific error message is given it's best to attempt a
repair installation.

Repair Installation of XP :
http://kgiii.info/windows/XP/general/xprepair.html

Galen
--

"Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
its solution is its own reward."

Sherlock Holmes