gotrice

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Hey, I have been scared to buy a LCD monitor for my computer because I have a poor confidence in them. Not because they are not great just because I want to get something that would last me a good time. I am a gamer so I want an LCD screen that can be good for gaming. I am looking for around a 20" to a 22" monitor that can give around 1600xXXXX resolution and with a nice refresh-rate to it. I have been currently using a CRT monitor from Viewsonic, Graphics Series G90fb, and been across a lot of LCD monitors from time to time, which didn't show me a better quality than a CRT monitor. Please help me if you guys know of any gaming monitor with a fast response time, refresh-rate and high resolutions.

Thank You,
:)

drunknmunkys

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
How much do you know about LCD monitors? Do you know what kind of panel you want?

I'd suggest doing a little reading on the differences between LCD screens and then going to a store and seeing them side-by-side in person. You may decide that you'd rather have a nicer MVA panel, or that a cheaper TN panel will suit your viewing needs.

gotrice

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
I am a gamer so I think I need a decent LCD to have some pleasure with graphics in the game. But thank you for the suggestion.