Question stuck until restart

Jan 2, 2020
I had a new pc 5 months ago and a problem started to occur maybe month and half later
that is windows stuck in welcome screen and i had to restart it from restart button on the case because the screen is frozen on the welcome wallpaper and i can do nothing then after restarting from the button i had to turn off the pc and turn it on again using the on/off switch on the case
i reinstalled windows 10 using flashdrive without erasing any files or apps and the problem disappeared for a while then it started to occur again and then i reinstalled windows 10 using flashdrive without erasing anything again but now the problem is worse
now it occurs every time(not every now and then like it was) i launch my pc and now the welcome screen doesnt even appear only blackscreen
so i had to use buttons on the case as stated before
pls help
pc specs
windows 10 pro 64bit
rtx 2070 super
ryzen 5 3600
monitor msi optix mag272cqr

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
What CPU cooler are you using? Is your CPU OCd? What temps is the CPU running at? Have you tried a Windows Repair? What motherboard are you using? What PSU? Is the OS on a SSD or HDD?

Jan 2, 2020
cooler xigmatek aurora arctic 240
temp now the weather is good it doesnt exceed 70s during gaming but the problem occur right in the start when i first launch my pc
didnt tried windows repair
but if u mean startup repair
it always fail to
idk why
motherboard msi b450
psu thermaltek 750w bronze
os on 500gb ssd
My cpu isnt overclocked by third party apps
but i use game mode in the motherboard

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Jan 2, 2020
SO it happens after POST and before logon screen?
Try turning fast startup off and see if it makes any difference - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

Do you have latest BIOS/chipset drivers for motherboard?

game mode appears to be an overclock - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/is-msi-game-boost-mode-safe.3505479/ so turn it off until we figure out problem.
It actually happens on the login screen
normally the lockscreen wallpaper appear and u have to press anything so the password bar appear so u can enter the password and login
in my case when i press any key so i can enter my password the bar never shows and stuck on the landscape until i restart using my case buttons
if u need any more elaboration pls tell me
i disabled the game boost and xmp on the motherboard but the problem persist
and for the mb driver i read on msi that it's advisable not to update until they require it
so no mb driver update
i will try the other solution and inform u
thanks
one other thing is this problem occurs only if i left my pc turned off for hours then turned it on again
ex: so if i faced the problem
restarted
then continued to work on pc
then shut it down
if i turned it on again after a while the problem will not occur
but if i left it for hours then turned it on again it will occur certainly

Edit:I just checked fast startup and its already turned off

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
That sure makes it difficult if you can't even logon

on that screen, do the power buttons work in bottom right?
if so, open menu and with the left shift held down. click restart button

this will load windows into advanced startup
now I wonder if it lets you into safe mode

from that menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose startup options
click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode (hopefully logon works)

try some of these in safe mode and see if they help - https://windowsreport.com/fix-login-screen-missing/
after reading more: some of those fixes work in normal mode too.

Jan 2, 2020
That sure makes it difficult if you can't even logon

on that screen, do the power buttons work in bottom right?
if so, open menu and with the left shift held down. click restart button

this will load windows into advanced startup
now I wonder if it lets you into safe mode

from that menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose startup options
click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode (hopefully logon works)

try some of these in safe mode and see if they help - https://windowsreport.com/fix-login-screen-missing/
after reading more: some of those fixes work in normal mode too.
nothing works on that screen not the power buttons or the keyboard the only thing that works is on/off switch on the case so i use them to restart the pc then it will work
but the problem is each time i leave him for couple hours when i get back to it the problem occur again so i had to restart using case buttons
i can get into safe mode after the restart but not before
i will try these solutions and give feedback
thank you

Colif

Win 11 Master
4 might not be advisable as if there is a problem with logon, setting PC up to skip the screen entirely can end in strange things. One of my users on a previous install had auto logon set up and user got corrupted so instead of auto logging into it, PC started auto logging me into a guest account and you can't save anything on a guest account. Easy fix was make a new user.

3 might fix it before you get to 4 I guess,

Jan 2, 2020
4 might not be advisable as if there is a problem with logon, setting PC up to skip the screen entirely can end in strange things. One of my users on a previous install had auto logon set up and user got corrupted so instead of auto logging into it, PC started auto logging me into a guest account and you can't save anything on a guest account. Easy fix was make a new user.

3 might fix it before you get to 4 I guess,
thank you
i will keep that in mind

Jan 2, 2020
thank u all for support
I finally got rid from this problem
so if anyone experience the same problem
the only way I got rid of it
is clean install windows