Feb 10, 2019
So system specs as far as I know to start:

AB350 Pro4 MOBO
Old CPU Ryzen 3
New CPU Ryzen 5
Not 100% on the ram
EVGA 450w bronze psu
GTX 1050 GPU

So this trouble all started about 2 weeks ago, my friend was over we were gaming and her computer crashed, smelled burning, the cpu fried (was never cleaned, fan was pretty plugged up). So she went ahead and got a Ryzen 5 to replace it, installed herself and now when we turn the pc on everything will turn on (fans on cpu, gpu, case fans and leds) but it won't send out a display signal. I'm thinking it might be a bad MOBO or maybe bad RAM? The ram setup is weird, theres a single stick in the B1 slot and then a pair of different ones in the B2 and A2 slots. I'm not really sure where to go from here with diagnosing any further but any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

Solution
You said there was a burning smell. When electronics burn to the point of smelling it, there will be a visible burn mark. Look for this burn mark. It might be inside the CPU socket on the motherboard, it may be at the base of a capacitor or resistor on the board, it may be on the PCIe lane, it may be at a power plug. If you cannot find any burnt or melted areas on the motherboard, then the motherboard is likely not the issue. Also check the PSU, since that is where the majority of power is found (obviously), and if it goes bad, then it can cause system issues. Any burn will usually show as a black or dark brown.

TL:DR - Check for burning or melted areas of the motherboard or other parts

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
By no display signal, I presume you mean using the gfx card. Because the motherboard video ports will only work with an APU. You should always list the exact type of Ryzen 5. AMD uses the name "Ryzen 5" for both their CPUs and APUs.
The CPU death may have damaged the motherboard. Hope not, but a possibility.

abarbaricbadger

Prominent
Feb 10, 2019
By no display signal, I presume you mean using the gfx card. Because the motherboard video ports will only work with an APU. You should always list the exact type of Ryzen 5. AMD uses the name "Ryzen 5" for both their CPUs and APUs.
The CPU death may have damaged the motherboard. Hope not, but a possibility.

Sorry about that, had her pull it up. It is the AMD RYZEN 5 2600 6-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 65W YD2600BBAFBOX

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
How in the world did the Ryzen 3 CPU burn up? Not something I've ever actually seen happen. Dies, yes. But not physically burn up. The CPU should shut down or throttle back on hi-temp before it actually burns up.
Were the pins burnt? Smoke?

You said there was a burning smell. When electronics burn to the point of smelling it, there will be a visible burn mark. Look for this burn mark. It might be inside the CPU socket on the motherboard, it may be at the base of a capacitor or resistor on the board, it may be on the PCIe lane, it may be at a power plug. If you cannot find any burnt or melted areas on the motherboard, then the motherboard is likely not the issue. Also check the PSU, since that is where the majority of power is found (obviously), and if it goes bad, then it can cause system issues. Any burn will usually show as a black or dark brown.

TL:DR - Check for burning or melted areas of the motherboard or other parts

Solution