News Study Says Many People Would Buy Stuff With Cryptocurrency If They Understood It

Jim90

Distinguished
Oh I beg to differ!!...
I'm fairly sure the unregulated, extremely volatile, unsecured nature of cryptocurrency will keep putting the informed mass population off for as long as that status remains...you know..."I promise to pay the bearer" and all that.
Seems eminently sensible...doesn't it?

Last edited:

Co BIY

Splendid
The valuation of a single "bit coin" at near $38,000 would make everyday purchases awkward.

A four pack of AA Batteries costs only - 0.00010451680 in Bitcoins - Am I getting a good deal?

When I started to work on this example I just expected a small number with a lot of places after the decimal. When the calculator went into scientific notation I was surprised.

A few "coin splits" are needed to fix this problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: salgado18

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
Fair research. My gripe with crypto is its focus on so many other things but not on user friendliness or ease to get one. There is slow improvement thouogh like more available stable coins as more people are saving/storing their wealth in crypto as interest earning. Transaction fees and speeds are also improving on some coins. Long way to go