Question Stumped and in need of BSOD help.

Dec 31, 2020
So I will start with explaining that i recently did a full upgrade build, new case and everything. built it myself(3rd time i've built, first time i've had a problem) and personally love the hell out of it. Specs are as follows:

New Windows 10 install off a fresh USB

ROG STRIX Z490 E-Gaming ATX LGA 1200 motherboard
intel i7-10700 processor
Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RBG Pro
2x16 GB Corsair Vengeance RBG Pro
SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB SSD
Samsung 970 Evo 500GB M.2
MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB video card
EVGA 850 Bq, 80+ Bronze 850W, semi modular
Cooler Master MasterBox NR600

So for the first week or so that I've had the pc running, everything was great and i had no issues, one day i had a random BSOD and since then i haven't been able to boot up without a BSOD happening within 2 minutes of the computer being on. SOMETIMES, i am able to use the computer with out a BSOD happening, and in those times I've ran countless sfc scannow , DISM , chkdsk and nothing seems to work. I'm able to run chkdsk and allow the computer to check upon restart but when i restart and allow the computer to run chkdsk it gets stuck at 100% scanning and repairing complete, i let it sit for around 18 hours and it still did nothing. I recently got the 2x16 sticks, thinking it was a ram issue, i popped them in was good for about 10 hours and boom the same thing again. The codes range from intelppm, IQRL driver not equal, PFN LIST, none of them are specific, I'm finding a lot on updating drivers and making sure bios is up to date and trust me I've done that one too many times at this point, hoping it'll fix itself somehow but it seems to be the same every time..... i know there is a way to see the BSOD errors that have happened, i briefly looked at it and saw way more errors than i would have like to..

I've also considered reaching out to ASUS.. although I purchased the motherboard at Best Buy(I'm not sure if there are any boundaries with ASUS warranty) I'm pretty much out of options here, i can't keep the computer on long enough to do a reset of windows... any help is so so so so so greatly appreciated! Thank you

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2020
Little add on: I did another clean install of windows, currently updating windows itself.. I’ve already had it crash on me more than 5 times since the fresh install.. I’m very puzzled, and am not sure where to go from here.