Question Stumped by Bizarre Performance Rollercoaster

Sep 8, 2019
Hello,

This is my first post here, so please let me know if this question is better suited for a different forum. topic.

I have a Lenovo Legion Y520 with an i7 and a RX560 graphics card. About February-March of this year, my gaming performance took a major hit across all games, mostly in FPS but also causing some stuttering, and slower loading times. I chocked it up to a Microsoft update that supposedly hindered gaming performance. Then suddenly in early July, performance suddenly returned to its usual quality. But on August 13th, around the time I downloaded some Windows updates, FPS once again dipped to abnormal levels; to my knowledge, all the problems came back and at the same level of effect. Windows will not let me uninstall the update, and I have tried uninstalling and installing various updates to no effect. Does anyone else have this same problem after downloading an update? If not, what could possibly be going on here?

Here are my current theories.
-CPU issue (Device manager says CPU was configured and migrated on 8/14)
-Update KB4508433 (Updated around the time of performance issue reappearing, Windows won't let me uninstall.)

Last edited by a moderator:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS