[SOLVED] Stupid BIOS question

Solution
That means that in order to run that CPU motherboard must have at least 1.40 BIOS version installed. Anything later then that will work too, including newest one.
There are no stupid questions.

nemanja2712

Reputable
Jan 9, 2019
That means that in order to run that CPU motherboard must have at least 1.40 BIOS version installed. Anything later then that will work too, including newest one.
There are no stupid questions.
Ah, I see I get it, so I'll just install the newest one then. One more thing, the motherboard supports Gen4 SSD, I've bought a Gen3 Samsung 970 Evo Plus (since Gen4 does not work with 10th gen cpus), can I use the Gen4 slot for a Gen3 SSD (asking since that slot has a heatsink)? Thanks!

Ah, I see I get it, so I'll just install the newest one then. One more thing, the motherboard supports Gen4 SSD, I've bought a Gen3 Samsung 970 Evo Plus (since Gen4 does not work with 10th gen cpus), can I use the Gen4 slot for a Gen3 SSD (asking since that slot has a heatsink)? Thanks!
Nope. Gen4 slot works only if you have Gen 11 CPU. With your CPU that slot will behave as it does not exist so you need to use the other slot.

Reactions: nemanja2712

nemanja2712

Reputable
Jan 9, 2019
Nope. Gen4 slot works only if you have Gen 11 CPU. With your CPU that slot will behave as it does not exist so you need to use the other slot.
Hmm alright unlucky, guess I'll have to find a heatsink to buy, are they worth it you think (SSD will be used only for windows install/games)?

Hmm alright unlucky, guess I'll have to find a heatsink to buy, are they worth it you think (SSD will be used only for windows install/games)?
Not really. Since your SSD will be below GPU it will not suffer extra heat caused by GPU as those in top slot would. I suggest doing your build and then if you see that SSD runs hot (but if that's machine for gaming I doubt) then you can look for heatsink.

Reactions: nemanja2712

nemanja2712

Reputable
Jan 9, 2019
Not really. Since your SSD will be below GPU it will not suffer extra heat caused by GPU as those in top slot would. I suggest doing your build and then if you see that SSD runs hot (but if that's machine for gaming I doubt) then you can look for heatsink.
Alright, well thanks for all the answers, appreciate it! :)