Stupid Newb Here: Display size on TV not fitting

lations

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
I'm sure this is the dumbest thing ever, but I can't figure it out.

I just ran an HDMI to my TV. The image that would fit on my monitor is actually too big for the TV (so parts of what I should see are beyond the edges of the TV, if that makes sense).

I usually am on a 16x10 1600p monitor

The TV is 1080p.

The only real change I made in the transition was to set the screen resolution on windows desktop to 1080p. HOWEVER, it shows a message under me selecting 1080p that if it's set to less than ____x1200 I may not see the entire image...what?

Please help out if you have any suggestions! (I REALLY want to play Witcher 3 on the bigscreen :)

Solution
That Windows prompt letting you know that resolution may be to lower to show all elements. Just set resolution to 1920*1080 and this prompt should not show up. This would not effect games since they have there own settings like resolution anyways.
That Windows prompt letting you know that resolution may be to lower to show all elements. Just set resolution to 1920*1080 and this prompt should not show up. This would not effect games since they have there own settings like resolution anyways.

Solution

lations

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
So yeah, I'm as dumb as I suspected. Found out it was a TV setting that needed changing. But that message about below 1200p is now gone, so you're right on that account. Thanks for replying! Have a solution for trying to help an idiot with accurate info