[SOLVED] Stupid Newbie Tricks

Dec 25, 2020
So My daughter decided she wanted to build a PC for Christmas - well so far so good with one small(I hope ) exception - I plugged a sata cable into the motherboard ASUS X570 Plus-Tuf and went to plug another cable near it and pulled the sata cable without hitting the release lever - I pulled the gray sata channel off the motherboard - can I assume I can just leave this off as I have plenty of sata connection - figure I will do more harm if I try to reinstall the gray case.

Thanks for the help!

Solution
So My daughter decided she wanted to build a PC for Christmas - well so far so good with one small(I hope ) exception - I plugged a sata cable into the motherboard ASUS X570 Plus-Tuf and went to plug another cable near it and pulled the sata cable without hitting the release lever - I pulled the gray sata channel off the motherboard - can I assume I can just leave this off as I have plenty of sata connection - figure I will do more harm if I try to reinstall the gray case.

Thanks for the help!
You could just leave it off but I would insulate contacts anyway. If you have a hot glue gun use it.

Viorala

Reputable
May 20, 2019
I'd return the board for another one. I mean, that's kind of cheap that it came off so easily. Who knows what else could be cheaply made on it. Not that it's a bad brand, just motherboards seem to differ in quality within the same brand and spec imo.

If you ordered it online you can sweet talk them into sending one out that day instead of waiting for the RMA to clear. If it's retail you can just exchange it, probably. Just tell them it came right off, which apparently is what happened.

Thanks for the help!
You could just leave it off but I would insulate contacts anyway. If you have a hot glue gun use it.

Solution