Stupid of me

icarus2712

Honorable
Jul 6, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am in soup.i have an old lenovo 3000 all in one pc

1) i got 6 usb ports none of which are working.getting device malfunction error.
2) even my dvd drive sometimes work sometimes not.
3) i downloaded iso file windows 7 and followed a tutorial to install iso without dvd or usb by shrinking partition, easybcd etc.
4) when i booted i gor missing drivers error so i cancelled the installation.
5) somehow i seemed the partion on which iso was mounted .
6) now i am not able to boot the pc as it shows the deleted drive name at startup and when i select it , error.
7) previously i could see vista boot option at least. That too has disapperead .inserting product recovery dvd is not booting.

What should i do now?

inzane4all

Upstanding
Jun 20, 2018
Get yourself a new/working laptop. I just needed to read the first description to answer your question. I'm not trolling, but I'm just saying: You have 6 non functioning USB ports which are very handy nowadays. Just going to cause you more headaches.

You can try re-installing the OS and see if it's a software issue, if you don't want to spend cash. Good luck!

icarus2712

Honorable
Jul 6, 2018

Hi i do have a product recovery dvd but i am not able to boot from it? I insert the dvd into drive and when i reboot nothing happens.
Am i doing it right?

Wolfshadw

Titan

Check your system BIOS to make sure the CD/DVD drive is first in the Boot Priority list.

-Wolf sends

icarus2712

Honorable
Jul 6, 2018

Already done that, black screen , cursor blinking upper left corner, dvd drive light keeps blinking after couple of minutes again windows boot manager screen appears with a drive to select G:this is the drive on which iso windows 7 was done via msconfig. I clearly remember windows vista option below it which now has disappeared.
Next screen windows failed to start a recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem
1) insert windows installtion disk...

And blah blah

Info : a required device isnot connexted or cannot be accessed.
I seem to have deleted vista partition.

Should i take the hdd out and format on my lapptop or something like that.