Stupid Windows 8.1 Again

Skipps

Reputable
Jun 21, 2015
Okay I shut down my desktop at night and whenever I turned it on this morning it automatically installed windows 8.1 which I really didn't want. Whenever it's finished Installing I start my PC and then it loaded up my desktop everything was working fine then when I click on Google Chrome it started to flash red which is my windows selected color. It just kept on blinking and blinking till finally restarted it and currently doing a system refresh. I was wondering if after this I need to reinstall my graphics card and motherboard drivers again? Can anyone tell MD what the problem is ?

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Well i have no idea what your talking about. You shut down your desktop and it automatically installed windows when you turned it on? Did you have windows 8 before? I dont think microsoft forces people to upgrade to 8.1 so you must have agreed to this somewhere. And i cant imagine why someone would want windows 8 over 8.1, 8 was a pile of trash. You will have to describe this a bit better "started to flash red which is my windows selected color. It just kept on blinking and blinking till finally restarted it and currently doing a system refresh." Im not sure what what that flash of red is.

Skipps

Reputable
Jun 21, 2015

Well I do want it but last time I installed it my pcs motherboard fried and had to get a shit ton of parts to fix it and am currently installing all my drivers again

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

Well if your motherboard did indeed die I can guarantee you installing windows 8.1 didn't cause it to die.

Skipps

Reputable
Jun 21, 2015

Well you see it was installing windows 8 and then it shut down so in my mind I see it as Windows 8.1 killed it :p even though I know it didnt :p

I understand the correlation you see. It is like if you got your oil changed and then your car died you would blame or assume the last person to work on it were the cause.

But with software it is near impossible for it to kill hardware, especially from a major software manufacture. Microsoft wouldn't want to have that happen because that is a lawsuit waiting to happen.