Question Stutter in games after GPU upgrade

Apr 10, 2023
So I got a RX 550 4gb from Asus a few months back. I ran a GT 710 to date and it had no issues valorant was the only game that I played(it was the only one that ran) so now after upgrading my GPU I am getting stutters in valorant. So when I uncap fps I'm getting high 200s but stutters a lot in between. So I try capping it to a 150. I got around that much with GT 710. So I'd be getting a stable 150 with settings maxed out but would stutter every second or so. Im rly sad I waited a long time to get this GPU and play some Apex and PUBG and now they too are stuttering like hell when I saw benchmarks on yt they have rly good performance plz help and suggest me some solutions guys.
Specs:
CPU- i3 - 9100f
RAM- 2x4gb
Psu-200 W( foxin is the brand)
GPU - Asus Radeon RX 550 4gb
A hdd and a gigabyte H310M M.2 mobo

Apr 10, 2023
Did you install latest AMD driver? Did you properly uninstall the old driver?
Yea I ddu the drivers 3 times reinstalled windows update bios update chipset drivers reinstall amd Radeon drivers a couple of times each after cleanup with either ddu or amd cleanup utility reset pc and clean install windows a couple of times etc....

Apr 10, 2023
DDU was run in safe mode?

That 200w PSU is jumping out at me as a potential issue. Whilst both cards are low power, the 550 will draw more power than the 710. How old is the psu?
Yea man i ran DDU in safe mode well the psu is around eh around 4-5 yrs old I never rly thought about the psu. So my GPU usage fluctuates a lot in valo while my CPU is at 90% - 100% between that constantly but the GPU drops to 5% and climbs to 100% then drop again and all so now when I searched on Google I couldn't rly find any forums talking about this is it rly my psu and can it be holdin me the GPU back? And ty fr ur time

KyaraM

Admirable
Yea man i ran DDU in safe mode well the psu is around eh around 4-5 yrs old I never rly thought about the psu. So my GPU usage fluctuates a lot in valo while my CPU is at 90% - 100% between that constantly but the GPU drops to 5% and climbs to 100% then drop again and all so now when I searched on Google I couldn't rly find any forums talking about this is it rly my psu and can it be holdin me the GPU back? And ty fr ur time
CPU bottleneck. You need an upgrade, eg to a 9700.

TRENDING THREADS