Question Stutter while gaming and files get deleted randomly

Jun 24, 2020
Hello, i have a 1tb seagate hdd and a 120 gigabyte ssd, recently while playing world of warcraft or albion online (which i had on my hdd) i noticed like 5 seconds hard stutters on both games, or the music from the loading screen on WoW repeating. I had Dark souls remastered, rocket league, smite and lol on the hdd, also a month or so they get corrupted, crash, stutters and i have to reinstall them or repair them. Then i changed lol, albion to the ssd and they work PERFECTLY no stutters all good. but i want the terabyte of storage for games like wow or heavier ones

i bought the hdd like 4 months ago, i dont have any virus according to avast and the software to check the disks tells me its all ok, can it be the cable from the mother to the hdd, or can it be the psu?

Crystal disk of the hdd View: https://imgur.com/a/pxnqnqc

Last edited:

iiSlashr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
Seems like a faulty drive, hard drives can cause stutters since their performance generally sucks to be blunt. You might want to consider getting a higher capacity SSD (1tb can be had for ~100-150 USD), since that'd also solve your file deletion problems.