Aug 15, 2020
STILL NO SOLUTION

I recently upgraded my mobo and cpu from ROG b350f & ryzen 5 2600 to Aorus b550 pro & ryzen 7 3700x. I did a clean install of windows on my SSD. My games are on my HDD and i just carried that straight over from last build could this be the problem?

Also my cpu temps when idle sit around 50C and will shoot up to 60 randomly. Under load(gaming) they go up to 75 and average around 68.
Build--- Aorus B550 Pro
Ryzen 7 3700x
Aorus RX 5700XT
Corsair 2x8gb 3000Mhz
Corsair 650W
Samsung 970 evo pro 250gb
Seagate 1TB 7200rpm

Last edited:
Solution
Game is on HDD which could be the issue but before new mobo and cpu it worked fine on it
SSD is near full

If the SSD is your OS drive, it is generally recommended to leave 15-20% of the space free, i.e, playing on a 120 GB SSD with only 2 GB free will cause issues...

You can check for clock speeds and CPU temps with a load of CPU-z/bench/stress CPU, which is generally more stress than that imposed with any or most games...
Welcome to the forum JackDav2.

You need to add more info here. Is nice of you to put most of your system specs, but we need other info too:

• What model is the Corair PSU?
  • Name some of the games you are having this issues.
  • Explain if you see this issues on every single game.
  • Tell us if you find this issues as soon as the game start of it is after a while (how long till you see this stutter)
  • Have you donwloaded the newest chipset driver form AMD website?
  • What power plan are you using?
  • Have you checked the temps of the system (most important things CPU and GPU) while playing games?
  • That this happend every single time or only every now and then.
  • List the Case brand and model, and how many fans and where are installed.
  • What windows 10 version are you on?
  • Are you usign the stock (included) cooler for the CPU?, Did you make sure to plugged it in the right pins on the motherboard?
  • Did you installed any motherboard "extra" software?
Did you made any changes in the BIOS?

Cheers

Aug 15, 2020
Welcome to the forum JackDav2.

You need to add more info here. Is nice of you to put most of your system specs, but we need other info too:

• What model is the Corair PSU?
  • Name some of the games you are having this issues.
  • Explain if you see this issues on every single game.
  • Tell us if you find this issues as soon as the game start of it is after a while (how long till you see this stutter)
  • Have you donwloaded the newest chipset driver form AMD website?
  • What power plan are you using?
  • Have you checked the temps of the system (most important things CPU and GPU) while playing games?
  • That this happend every single time or only every now and then.
  • List the Case brand and model, and how many fans and where are installed.
  • What windows 10 version are you on?
  • Are you usign the stock (included) cooler for the CPU?, Did you make sure to plugged it in the right pins on the motherboard?
  • Did you installed any motherboard "extra" software?
Did you made any changes in the BIOS?

Cheers
Thanks for the reply

Having this issue on warzone.
Corsair VS650.
Only play warzone.
I see this issue happen after about 1 hour.
I have downloaded the latest chipset driver from AMD.
I have tried ryzen balanced plan and ryzen high performance.
CPU temp while playing game is around 70C, GPU temp is around 65-70C.
Happens everytime after apprx 1 hour of gaming.
Case - Nzxt h510. 3 fans installed, 1 on back side of case, 1 roof of case, 1 low front of case.
Windows 10 2004.
Yes i am using stock cpu cooler and it is connected in the right pins.
No extra mobo software installed.
Only changes in bios was putting on a profile for my ram.
Thanks!

Aug 15, 2020
You need a better cooler. It's only about 23c here now so average temperature. CPU is at 62c when playing BF5 and running Cinebench R20 it gets up to 72c.

That's with one of the most effective air coolers though. Even upgrading to a $40/£40/€40 cooler would sort your issues.
Is the stock cooler that comes with the 3700x that bad?

Is the stock cooler that comes with the 3700x that bad?

No, I just wanted a silent PC. It's actually pretty good for a stock cooler, I may have been hasty recommending a new one, it all depends on your current ambient temperature too, it's very warm in a lot of parts of the world. What's your current ambient temperature?

You may just need to remount the cooler for better paste dissipation. That said, temperatures in the 70s for gaming aren't THAT bad, it's not worryingly bad.

Aug 15, 2020
Thanks for the reply

Having this issue on warzone.
Corsair VS650.
Only play warzone.
I see this issue happen after about 1 hour.
I have downloaded the latest chipset driver from AMD.
I have tried ryzen balanced plan and ryzen high performance.
CPU temp while playing game is around 70C, GPU temp is around 65-70C.
Happens everytime after apprx 1 hour of gaming.
Case - Nzxt h510. 3 fans installed, 1 on back side of case, 1 roof of case, 1 low front of case.
Windows 10 2004.
Yes i am using stock cpu cooler and it is connected in the right pins.
No extra mobo software installed.
Only changes in bios was putting on a profile for my ram.
Thanks!
This is probably unrelated to stutterings, but does the front fan lead to PSU/HDD side? That means that the rest of your case is not getting intake air, which is really bad

Game is on HDD which could be the issue but before new mobo and cpu it worked fine on it
SSD is near full

If the SSD is your OS drive, it is generally recommended to leave 15-20% of the space free, i.e, playing on a 120 GB SSD with only 2 GB free will cause issues...

You can check for clock speeds and CPU temps with a load of CPU-z/bench/stress CPU, which is generally more stress than that imposed with any or most games...

Solution