My specs are
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
GPU: GIGABYTE Geforce RTX 2060 OC 6G Graphics Card
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150
Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 550 W
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1866
SSD: Kingston 480GB A400 SATA 3 2.5" Internal SSD

I bought 16GB of new RAM to upgrade, but they were a different number of pins (288, my motherboard is 240) so I re inserted my Hyper X Ram sticks and now I'm experiencing massive stutters and frame drops in all my games, despite not changing out any components. Particularly with Death Stranding, I'm experiencing much longer load times and nearly unplayable frame rates. Yesterday the game played great, but now it's hard to even leave a distro center without massive stuttering. Any advice would be super helpful!

Solution
My specs are

I bought 16GB of new RAM to upgrade, but they were a different number of pins (288, my motherboard is 240) so I re inserted my Hyper X Ram sticks and now I'm experiencing massive stutters and frame drops in all my games, despite not changing out any components. Particularly with Death Stranding, I'm experiencing much longer load times and nearly unplayable frame rates. Yesterday the game played great, but now...
My specs are

I bought 16GB of new RAM to upgrade, but they were a different number of pins (288, my motherboard is 240) so I re inserted my Hyper X Ram sticks and now I'm experiencing massive stutters and frame drops in all my games, despite not changing out any components. Particularly with Death Stranding, I'm experiencing much longer load times and nearly unplayable frame rates. Yesterday the game played great, but now it's hard to even leave a distro center without massive stuttering. Any advice would be super helpful!
Did you make sure to reinstall the modules in the correct slots? Make sure you placed the two modules in slot A2 and B2 which are the gray slots. Removing ram and replacing it wouldn't or shouldn't make a system stutter or slower unless it was placed in single channel configuration or not running full speed (1066 vs 1866).

Solution