Question Stuttering and fps drop with a "good" pc

Jun 19, 2024
Hello, I wanted to come for help with the problem I'm having with my PC, honestly I've already tried everything and I haven't had good results, I'm currently having stuttering problems at random moments in games, here I leave the video I uploaded where you can appreciate:
View: https://youtu.be/ZEYzg0Y6gTs

That type of jerking, even if it is just in an explosion, happens to me at random moments in games, for example in that game (condition zero) it happens even when I walk sometimes or for example in Lethal Company it happens to me after playing for a while (less than an hour anyway), I don't see anything strange happening in afterburner that causes that jerk and in the task manager I don't see any sudden drop in GPU or CPU usage, or any spike in the disk.
I tried with old versions of adrenaline (23.11.1 I understand is the most stable, maybe now I have the latest version 24.5.1), I have the latest chipset drivers for my mother (a320m-k, drivers downloaded from the amd website ).
Another example is risk of rain 2, but in this game when I level up I feel a small drop in fps, even if it is at specific moments it becomes annoying or else when there are many enemies the fps tend to drop and not It can be maintained at a constant 72 fps, which seems strange to me since at those times the GPU is not even used at 50%, shouldn't it work harder to reach the desired fps?
Now I have come to the conclusion that it is a ram or mother issue, I have 2 rams of 8, a ballistix of 3200 and another hyper x of 2666, the xmp profile is activated at 2666, I understand that using two different rams as in my case can cause a loss of performance in fps, but from there to what causes these random drops I wouldn't know and then the mother because it is the most basic, I saw it in some videos or forums, for a question of power or the memories of the mother itself .
So nothing, maybe someone already watching a video of what's happening to me will know better than just telling them by text or maybe they'll notice something that I don't.
thank you for your time
PC
ryzen 5 5600g
rx 5700 xt
16gb ram 2666
asus a320mk
1tb m.2 Nvme
1tb HDD WD blue
PSU redragon 850 W 80 plus gold
OS Windows 11

First of all, always use compatible and identical RAM module kits. Having the same model and speed/frequency.

Secondly, your current PSU model is not the very best as well. Definitely I won't recommend using it on a high-end gaming PC. This could also be the culprit in your case, IMO.

Redragon PSUs are unreliable btw, and the company is a cheap low-budget Chinese brand.! Most of the units, if not all, land up in Tier E as per this PSU list.

That's why always go for a reputed PSU brand. Some Redragon units are so poor in quality that it's too dangerous to even use them in gaming PCs. But your model is an 80 plus Gold rated, having 100% Japanese Capacitors as well, as claimed by the company.

But knowing the OEM of this PSU model is more important instead of the actual rating.

Last edited:
What bios are you runing on the mobo?

I would ditch the PSU for something better.

Set up MSI OSD to show 1% lows. I expect the stuttering is coming from that. With FPS at about 70-75, you can bet your 1% lows will be in the 40's quite often. This is why you are stuttering.

Do you use freesync? or Enhanced Sync. Swithcing them on/off may help.

Also, what power plan are you runing?

Chipset drivers up to date?

BTW, the "Redragon" brand is owned by Eastern Times Technology group, which has been around since the mid 90's.

Their focus has been mainly on making keyboard, mice, headphones, and other PC peripherals, mostly for the APAC region. They did branch out into Power supplies, but that's not their main focus, unlike other brands.

So basically R&D has also been limited.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Jun 19, 2024
First of all, always use compatible and identical RAM module kits. Having the same model and speed/frequency.

Secondly, your current PSU model is not the very best as well. Definitely I won't recommend using it on a high-end gaming PC. This could also be the culprit in your case, IMO. Though, I'm not 100% sure.

Redragon PSUs are unreliable btw, and the company is a cheap low-budget Chinese brand.! Most of the units, if not all, land up in Tier E as per this PSU list.

That's why always go for a reputed PSU brand. Some Redragon units are so poor in quality that it's too dangerous to even use them in gaming PCs. But your model is an 80 plus Gold rated, having 100% Japanese Capacitors as well, as claimed by the company.

But knowing the OEM of this PSU model is more important instead of the actual rating.

First of all, thank you for trying to help! with the issue of rams, I already spoke with a friend and he is going to lend me 2 of the 8 that have a frequency of 3200 to find out if that is what it is, and the truth is that I don't expect it about the source since I never had problems with it and It was what my budget allowed me, I hope it's the rams because the truth is buying a fountain in my country is going to be difficult hahaha.

Jun 19, 2024
What bios are you runing on the mobo?

I would ditch the PSU for something better.

Set up MSI OSD to show 1% lows. I expect the stuttering is coming from that. With FPS at about 70-75, you can bet your 1% lows will be in the 40's quite often. This is why you are stuttering.

Do you use freesync? or Enhanced Sync. Swithcing them on/off may help.

Also, what power plan are you runing?

Chipset drivers up to date?
Also thanks to you for participating in the forum! I am using the latest versions of bios and chipset (I got the mother chipset from the AMD website) with the MSI OSD issue I have activated so that it shows it but I don't know why it doesn't now I'm going to try again and I will upload a video in case it is seen! I currently use freesync, disabling it doesn't solve anything :( and I have the high performance plan on Windows

TRENDING THREADS