Question Stuttering and FPS drops

Aug 29, 2020
Hi, when playing games such as ARK, Fallout 76, DayZ or any other similar type of open-world game, i seem to get a lot of FPS drops and stuttering when looking around or walking around. I've tried playing on the lowest/medium/highest settings for the game, fresh install of windows, using DDU and reinstalling my GPU drivers, changing power settings. I'm starting to give up as nothing I've tried seems to fix this issue. I can upload a video of the issue if it'll help and provide my specs if that'd help too (I assume it would). Any sort of suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated as I'm stuck, thanks!

Aug 29, 2020
Certainly! I should've added them to begin with sorry about that. If there's anything else you need just let me know

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x

GPU: RTX 2080 TI

PSU: Corsair RM850x

Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB 3200MHz

OS is on a 1TB samsung 970 EVO plus M.2 and i use a 1TB Samsung 860 Evo for games

Sorry for the late reply.

Your system is very capable, and shouldn't really be troublesome like that in gaming terms.

You might set up MSi afterburner OSD to display CPU clock/usage/temps and the same for the GPU, and system ram. Run a game, and look for anything that's maxing out at 100%, or specifically at the CPU/GPU clockspeeds. If they are fluctuating a lot or not boosting normally (because of throttling) it could be causing this issue.

You can also monitor outside the game environment by using HWMon/Info.

Aug 29, 2020
Thanks for the response, I've managed to get the OSD in-game and from what i can see it seems to happen when one of my CPU cores goes from 30-50% to 80-90% along with one or two other cores going to 0-10%. Could this be the issue and if so would there be any way to fix it? Temps look fine, 60-70c on my GPU and 50c on my CPU. If it's easier i can get a video of this happening just in case I'm missing something. Thanks for all your help so far