[SOLVED] Stuttering and freezing with msi Rtx 2080

Pointerhill34

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
I built this computer over a year ago and am now experiencing an issue with my graphics card (I assume) Randomly, either on start up or even an hour into a gaming session, it will stutter, or rather feel like it’s going 13 fps, and will sometimes restart. However, after it restarts it seems to work completely fine. I assume it’s my gpu because it appears CAM (NZXT app) for some reason overclocked my gpu to run at 1936 MHz. I uninstalled CAM and installed Msi Afterburner to try and reset my settings but to no avail. My temps are fine at around 60 degrees. So I don’t know what else to do.
Specs:
-Msi Rtx 2080
-i7 8700k (not overclocked)
-Samsung 970 vevo SSD
-Z370 motherboard
- EVGA 800 PSU

(Latest Nvidia drivers are installed)

Solution
EVGA 800 PSU what model ???
if the GPU has been overclocked the best way is to reset system to defaults in bios which will remove any overclock hammer the del key not literally as system starts and go in bios go to system / and restore system defaults then save and exit and might have to select boot drive again but should be all back to default.

Pointerhill34

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
I built this computer over a year ago and am now experiencing an issue with my graphics card (I assume) Randomly, either on start up or even an hour into a gaming session, it will stutter, or rather feel like it’s going 13 fps, and will sometimes restart. However, after it restarts it seems to work completely fine. I assume it’s my gpu because it appears CAM (NZXT app) for some reason overclocked my gpu to run at 1936 MHz. I uninstalled CAM and installed Msi Afterburner to try and reset my settings but to no avail. My temps are fine at around 60 degrees. So I don’t know what else to do.
Specs:
-Msi Rtx 2080
-i7 8700k (not overclocked)
-Samsung 970 vevo SSD
-Z370 motherboard
- EVGA 800 PSU

(Latest Nvidia drivers are installed)

EVGA 800 PSU what model ???
if the GPU has been overclocked the best way is to reset system to defaults in bios which will remove any overclock hammer the del key not literally as system starts and go in bios go to system / and restore system defaults then save and exit and might have to select boot drive again but should be all back to default.

Solution