Jamry

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017
Specs:

Ryzen 3 1300X
Sapphire RX 570 Nitro+ 8GB
16GB RAM

Game is installed on Kingston UV500 240GB

Things i've tried are putting high priority on battlefield 1 on task manager. Up to date drivers. I've also tried starting from the lowest settings I can get, all are set to lowest settings and turned off. I still keep getting these stutter.

Also to keep in mind is that I can only play on 1366x768 resolution so this is why I am so confused why im getting this fps drops and stuttering even with these specs.

Jamry

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017
Is it even normal? Im playing on 1366x768 and even at the lowest settings i still cant consistently play on 60 fps

Reducing resolution and game settings does little to reduce the work on the cpu. 60fps at 1366x768 will take similar cpu performance to running 1080p or 1440p at 60fps. Reducing the resolution and settings just reduces the work the gpu has to do.

As sizzling said, yet, it can even happen at low res on a CPU demanding title.

edit: Have you determined if the CPU is maxing out? You could always get a 1500x/1600/x Which would alleviate the issues and give you a smoother gaming performance along with a few more FPS on more demanding games.

Jamry

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017

I have determined that my cpu goes to 100% but is that really the problem? If I may borrow some of your time I checked this video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72x6508kBUs ) someone who is using a Ryzen 3 1200 with a GTX 1060 6GB, as you can see he is having a 100% CPU usage but still get a much higher fps than i am.

Very sceptical of YouTube claims, way too many fakes or misleading videos. However he has overclocked the cpu to 3.8Ghz across all cores. The 1300X boost to 3.7Ghz I believe is single core but I couldn't find any confirmation of this, what speed is your cpu running at while in game? Also other factors such as RAM speed can have a material effect, he is running 3200mhz.

You have ample ram. Ram is not the issue, unless it's unstable. Sure if you have faster ram, and/or dual channel you can get a performance 'increase'. I don't think that's your issue though.

It's your CPU maxing out.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS