Jamry

Honorable
Mar 30, 2017
Specs:

Ryzen 3 1300X
Sapphire RX 570 Nitro+ 8GB
16GB RAM

Game is installed on Kingston UV500 240GB

Things i've tried are putting high priority on battlefield 1 on task manager. Up to date drivers. I've also tried starting from the lowest settings I can get, all are set to lowest settings and turned off. I still keep getting these stutter.

Also to keep in mind is that I can only play on 1366x768 resolution so this is why I am so confused why im getting this fps drops and stuttering even with these specs.

Solution
Use HWMon or MSI Afterburner on screen display to look at CPU/GPU temps and usage. BF1 is quite demanding CPU wise. You have a 4c/4t CPU. If it maxes at 100% while playing there's your problem.

As sizzling said, yet, it can even happen at low res on a CPU demanding title.

edit: Have you determined if the CPU is maxing out? You could always get a 1500x/1600/x Which would alleviate the issues and give you a smoother gaming performance along with a few more FPS on more demanding games.

Jamry

Honorable
Mar 30, 2017

I have determined that my cpu goes to 100% but is that really the problem? If I may borrow some of your time I checked this video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72x6508kBUs ) someone who is using a Ryzen 3 1200 with a GTX 1060 6GB, as you can see he is having a 100% CPU usage but still get a much higher fps than i am.

Very sceptical of YouTube claims, way too many fakes or misleading videos. However he has overclocked the cpu to 3.8Ghz across all cores. The 1300X boost to 3.7Ghz I believe is single core but I couldn't find any confirmation of this, what speed is your cpu running at while in game? Also other factors such as RAM speed can have a material effect, he is running 3200mhz.

TRENDING THREADS