Question Stuttering CPU, Bad Audio Input, Power Driver State Failure

May 11, 2020
Hello,

I've been having a myriad of issues with my self-built PC and though the have been individually manageable enough's enough and I want to get this stuff fixed.

My specs: View: https://imgur.com/FxTAota

My GPU is a Geforce 2080Ti
MY Ram is TridentZ 3600Mhz

So to explain where I'm at in all of this:

My computer begins to stutter after a random duration of time being on. Sometimes it happens within 30 minutes, sometimes it doesn't happen for many hours. However it almost certainly happens sooner or later. This stuttering is consistent across all functions. Audio output sounds halted and robotic, my cursors movement stops and starts erratically, and the FPS I have drops drastically as everything stutters. Restarting my computer solves the issue temporarily but it always comes back. Messing around in AMD Ryzen Master I found that the stuttering is less intense when I turn on SMT but also happens more quickly than when it is. I can usually go a few hours before the stutter happens when SMT is turned off but my computer becomes basically unusable. When turned on, it is very unpleasant but kind of manageable depending on what I'm doing.

Another issue is that when I try to turn my computer off (usually restarting for updates or system changes) it will take forever and/or not happen at all. Typically when I try to restart it will never properly shuts down, but will instead be stuck on the "shutting down" screen for around 5-10 minutes before an error message stating "Power Driver State Failure" pops up and forces a restart.

Finally, I'm not sure if it is related but any audio input my computer receives seems to be messed up somewhere along the way. I've tried two different headsets and both times the feedback I get from audio tests sounds either unintelligible or is constantly cutting out.

I've tried going into device manager and updating drivers, I've made sure my windows version is up to date, and heat doesn't seem to be an issue (the stutter sometimes happens while my computer is idling). I'm fairly certain the issue has something to do with my processor but I'm not sure how to confirm, let alone fix, that. Help?

May 12, 2020
I'm having a similar issue, stutters every once an hour or so for a few seconds regardless of what I'm doing, tried reinstalling windows, updated all my drivers from there sources, made sure nothing abnormal was running in the background, if I even do anything in Ryzen master my PC just crashes, my Temps are all fine. Nothing goes above 60°C even when running high demanding games, ran virus scans, system scans from command prompt. Same restart issue every so often, power state failure. The stutter occurs even at idle maybe once an hour for 1-3 seconds, GPU and CPU usage fly up as well. Then it goes back to normal.

Ryzen 3600X, GeForce 2070 super, 2x8 3200 mhz corsair vengeance, Asus TUF X570 mobo, 650W 80 bronze phanteks pws.