Stuttering during game play.

kisedanny

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017
Hello colleagues.I bought a second lenovo y50-70.i realised it stutters in all game i play(Euro truck simulator,nfs the run,most wanted after 5 minutes of gameplay).Fifa 17 is unplayable even wen using the gtx 860m.the cpu and motherboard temperature hover between 85 and 95 degree mainly then decrease to 75°c followed by a stutter lasting 2 to 3 seconds.gpu temps rarely exceed 75 degrees.tried thermal pasting with a chinese grayish paste with no improvement.was requesting for advice.couuld it a graphic card,motherboard or cpu or heatsink problem?.
Specs:gtx 860m,core i5 4200h,1TB hhd,8gb ram,full hd screen.the fans run absolutely well but make an audible noise at startup.

Solution
Sounds like it could be a number of things. RAM capping out, your CPU’s thermal paste/cooler isn’t adequate this causing unpleasantly high temps/freezes, etc.

kisedanny

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017

Thanks so much sir.so cld necessitate replacing the motherboard?.here in uganda(Africa),computer techicians dont have enough experience with these machines.

kisedanny

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017

Then shld i just discard the machine or keep trying to make it work.

Atomicdonut17

Reputable
Feb 4, 2017
Well, since the GPU is intergrated I can only assume it’s a laptop? I would consider getting a new laptop at that point. While the 860m isn’t entirely outdated in the sense of modern tech, it’s more than likely suffering from age and obsolescence.

kisedanny

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017

Atomicdonut17

Reputable
Feb 4, 2017

I'd run standard debugging hardware, defrag and clean the drives, and try to keep unwanted programs to a minimum when in use. Also, try to keep it somewhere where there's good ventilation/clean air. One of the quickest ways to kill a laptop is heat death, and laptops aren't very good at ventilation, usually. Most often, their CPU blower-style cooling fans are the first thing to get clogged and die, and the components suffer duly.