Question Stuttering/Freezes since upgrading from GTX 1080 to RTX 3080 and 4070ti only in specific game.

Nov 11, 2022
Hello everyone,

the problem is very specific but a very big one for me. I'm having Stutters/Freezes in the game League of Legends. They occur on specific things like killing a Minion or casting a spell. The problem does not occur when using my old GTX 1080! I upgraded to a RTX 3080 and started noticing them. Every GPU installation was made using DDU in Safe Mode in b4hand. Thought its the card and upgraded to 4070ti. A bit better now but still happening quite often. Its a huge deal for me since i play the game semi-professionally. Every other game demanding a lot of performance does not have these problems. Only LoL.

Specs:
  • Windows 11 Pro Build 22621
  • Zotac RTX 4070TI
  • Intel i7 13700k
  • 2x M.2 2TB
  • TUF Gaming b660m-Plus WIFI
  • Noctua NH-D15
  • Kingston Fury 32GB 2x16 5200Mhz
  • EVGA PSU with 850W
  • Bios version: 2212
Additional Info:
I dont have any thermal problems since I've checked those very thoroughly. Tried changing a lot of GPU Settings in Windows 11. Tried G-Sync Settings on/off. HDR On/Off. Tried Geforce Experience on/off.
I will provide a Video of it happening. In the Video it happens in the Start of the Video and at the End of the Video. https://webmshare.com/bxrez

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the PSU in your build? If the issue doesn't happen when using an older generation card, then it can be attributed to lower power draw or that the latest drivers are impeding your performance to a small degree. To also note, why did you go with a B series chipset with an unlocked K suffix processor? You should've looked into a Z series chipset or a non K suffix processor.

Nov 11, 2022
How old is the PSU in your build? If the issue doesn't happen when using an older generation card, then it can be attributed to lower power draw or that the latest drivers are impeding your performance to a small degree. To also note, why did you go with a B series chipset with an unlocked K suffix processor? You should've looked into a Z series chipset or a non K suffix processor.
The PSU is very new. Basically bought it 5 Months ago. I thought about it aswell but every other game including Witcher 3 with RTX Ultra or Valorant or RDR2 are all completely fine without stutters even tho they use more GPU Power. Benchmarks are also fine. K series because I wanted the onboard GPU and Hyper Threading. Overclocking is not for me tho so I went with B. Tried disabling firmwareTPM yesterday and it didnt work sadly. Tried reinstalling the game aswell. So weird I have NO IDEA why this happens.

Nov 11, 2022
I have found out something! When Latencymon is running the issue seems to be basically gone! Almost Zero hiccups. But why would that be? Forcing a Program to monitor it makes it maybe run better? When I do have a hiccup which is very rare when LatencyMon is running, the culprit seems to be nvlddmkm.sys. Anyone know a fix?

TRENDING THREADS