Question Stuttering/Freezing in games and on desktop/web GPU or CPU?

Oct 6, 2021
Having stuttering issues in game and out of game on my rig.

I7 10700k 3.6ghz
RTX 2080
Aorus Pro Ax Motherboard
32gb G-Skill Ram 3600Mhz
ICUE 4000x 5 fans
ICUE dual radiator CPU cooler
ADATA 1tb SSD
2tb External Hard Drive
650 W PSU (not sure what brand)

Seems to happen after about an hour of booting with gaming and having usage. Switched from an I7 8700k because I was having the same issue. Not sure if its CPU or GPU related. Replaced my entire right beside PSU, SSD, GPU. It makes games so unplayable and not fun for me because everyone else is running the game smooth while I stutter.

I've done

Clean windows install
Update Bios
Update GPU/All drivers
Adjust power settings

Given up at this point because nobody can help me and I'd really love to run games at a nice frame rate instead of dropping and freezing every time my system gets stumped.

All help will be appreciated as I have run out of my own ideas.
Thanks

Here's the clip I caught of it doing the stutter/freeze on task manager

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You will need to check and see what the brand of the PSU. Badly built PSU's can and will cause anomalies or worse, dead components or worse, a house fire. What was the PSU powering prior to your "upgrade" and how old is the unit? As a side note, was the OS reinstalled after performing the upgrade? Speaking of OS, what version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you on? For the sake of relevance, please mention the BIOS version for your motherboard. Is this the make and model of your motherboard?

Oct 6, 2021
ThermalTake Toughpower GX1 700W Gold. The PSU was the same in my last build as I transferred it over. The GPU, SSD, PSU are all from 2019 when I bought the PC.

Yes the OS was reinstalled I did a complete factory reset when I noticed it still occurring.

Windows 10 Ver. 21H1

Yes that is the make and model of my board it's currently updated to the recent 9/23/21 update which is F7 Aorus Pro Ax Z590

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS