Question Stuttering gameplay on Lenovo Y540 laptop ?

Nov 16, 2021
Hello everyone!

I hope you are doing well, I have a problem that I'm sure that I could use some help.

I have a Lenovo Legion Y540 15IRH with the following specs:
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 principal cores, 12 logical cores.
  • RAM: 12 GB (4+8 I think).
  • Storage: Model INTEL SSDPEKKW010T8L 512 GB.
  • Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 TI.

The problem is that sometimes when I'm playing I suffer a type of stuttering, the game freezes for like 1 second and then it comes back to normal. I know it may not seem like a big issue, but it bothers me a lot. I have one example of the problem, so you can get a better hang of what it looks like: https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/q39lko View: https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/q39lko/my_game_stutters_a_lot_randomly_this_happens/
(It isn't me, but it is the same problem).

I'll mention some things that I have tried with no success:
  1. It isn't thermal throttling. I don't get past 60 celsius in CPU or GPU.
  2. Installing the latest NVIDIA drivers.
  3. Installing the latest Realtek Drivers.
  4. Installing the drivers that Lenovo Support suggests in their page.
  5. Change the name of an .exe in System32. GameBarPresenceWriter.exe
  6. I set DisableDeleteNotify = 0 with the Windows Power Shell.
  7. I changed my power plan settings.
  8. I deactivated SVM in BIOS.
  9. Reinstalled the game several times.
I have to mention that I think that the problem is with the drivers, because the other day I did a clean install of windows and tested the game without any drivers and worked just fine. Later I installed the drivers and the stuttering started to happen. Is there any way to going to a previous versions of a driver? (I mean like going to 9.81, then 9.80 and then 9.79 and so on)

I'd really appreciate if someone can give me some help with this problem, thanks in advance!

TL;DR: My notebook presents stuttering while gaming, I think the problem is with a specific driver. How can I troubleshoot that?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS