Question stuttering/hitching when gaming?

Nvious

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2012
my pc start getting this stuttering whenever i first launch a game or enter a new map (that wasnt there before) the stuttering (more like freezing for a few seconds) would happen everytime a new map or new stadium is load for example in gears 5 or madden 19 once i finished loading into a match and start moving around there would always be this stutter for a few seconds at the beginning of the match but after that it kinda went away, im wondering what could be the cause of this? could it be my hdd failing? PS. there was a power outage like 5-6 times at my dorm last month , if that's any help in pin pointing the cause of this issue.
Thanks a lot in advance everyone!

Nvious

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2012
ummm,I watched the vid and i would like to add that, its not about the fps drops per se, these are the games that used to run perfectly fine on my system just a month ago, but now majority of them has this hitching/stuttering whenever load into new maps/stadium. In the case of madden 19 about a year ago things was running smoothly during the intro (although capped to 30 fps) now whenever the players are coming out into the stadium sometimes i would get this hitch to 32-35 fps (despite 30 fps capped) and the scene would stutter. Another game that used to run smoothly before is gears 5, there's a benchmark option within the game, now whenever i run the benchmark the first few scenes would be a stuttering mess the fps would drop into low 40s but if i wait it out the rest of benchmark would run pretty close to 60 fps, all this despite when i first got the game it was running pretty much 60 fps almost locked. (same benchmark but now its stutter).

Nvious

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2012
also I would like to note that its only happen during the first load into map/benchmark/etc. if I quit the game and re-launch it into the same map, the stutter would be gone the second time around, however if i shut my pc down and start again the stutter would be back again for the first time i launch that map/benchmark.

Sep 22, 2019
I don't know how big deal it is to you, if i were you, I would reinstall Windows.

I always keep a ghost image of my Windows. The image contains all necessary drivers and Windows update. It took something like 3 min to restore. Then I will reinstall all games.

Nvious

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2012
the main issue is, i'm using my dorm wifi soo all the game would take forever to reinstall, but umm just one question so at this point can I safely assume that its not hardware related issue then?