Stuttering in every game

Chris 2180

Reputable
Dec 4, 2014
Hello, i have noticed that most games i play will freeze for half a second or so then continue, this only happens at first, then after a little bit of playing it will stop. Why does this happen? my PC is capable of running these games fine....
specs
r9 280
i5 4590
8 gb ram
7200 rpm hdd

Solution
Because there are things that are still only on the hard drive that the video card has to stop and wait for.

You probably also have not defined a set size for your swapfile, and as your system loads more and more of the game into memory, some things have to be pushed out to the swapfile, and windows has to expand the size of that to make room for what is going there.

Another thing that could be a factor is if your hard drive has not been defragged recently.

Make sure the hard drive is plugged into a SATA III port and not a SATA II port.
Because there are things that are still only on the hard drive that the video card has to stop and wait for.

You probably also have not defined a set size for your swapfile, and as your system loads more and more of the game into memory, some things have to be pushed out to the swapfile, and windows has to expand the size of that to make room for what is going there.

Another thing that could be a factor is if your hard drive has not been defragged recently.

Make sure the hard drive is plugged into a SATA III port and not a SATA II port.

Solution