my rig
i5 8400
8 gb ram
zotac gtx 1660ti amp
2tb hard drive but no ssd
psu 650 watt
monitor hp 22fw 75hz
windows 10 version 1803

i have installed latest nvidia driver after removing all previous nvidia drivers used for 1050 ti

Mar 29, 2019
after upgrading from 1050ti to 1660ti, every games stutter in every 1-2 minutes

my rig
i5 8400
8 gb ram
zotac gtx 1660ti amp
2tb hard drive but no ssd
psu 650 watt
monitor hp 22fw 75hz
windows 10 version 1803

i have installed latest nvidia driver after removing all previous nvidia drivers used for 1050 ti

Update your windows to ver. 1809 and check back if problem presists, have a feeling its going to be GPU setting in the nVidia control panel that's hold you back, perhaps power savings was enabled after hardware swap. iif there are any "errors" in the event viewer that corolate to the GPU when gaming, look for the PID # or client# then open task manager and enable the PID column and identify which app is causing error by matching PID #, if it's not there im sure google will help. if problem persists touch base with me here

May 18, 2019
Depends on what games also you are playing. I am sure you need to upgrade 1 more 8gb of ram in your system. And as i said 512gb M.2 will do wonders if your motherboard have a slot for it.

Apr 27, 2019
mobo: asrock h370 pro m. it should have m.2 slot. some other experts also told me to have 16gb ram and ssd, gonna do that, hope it removes stuttering. thanks a lot bro

Apr 27, 2019
Update your windows to ver. 1809 and check back if problem presists, have a feeling its going to be GPU setting in the nVidia control panel that's hold you back, perhaps power savings was enabled after hardware swap. iif there are any "errors" in the event viewer that corolate to the GPU when gaming, look for the PID # or client# then open task manager and enable the PID column and identify which app is causing error by matching PID #, if it's not there im sure google will help. if problem persists touch base with me here
ok mate, but i have a strange feeling that there is a problem with my bios, i am not that expert may be it sounds weird

Mar 29, 2019
mobo: asrock h370 pro m. it should have m.2 slot. some other experts also told me to have 16gb ram and ssd, gonna do that, hope it removes stuttering. thanks a lot bro
Just be sure to put all your games and media files / misc stuff you dont access much on a HDD and just your OS and the primary games you play on the ssd for extremly fast cache's and pre-fetches, Oh and dont forget to update to 1809 W10, and NEVER be to confident in your PSM, i'd shoot for anything over 1000 watt https://www.amazon.com/ROSEWILL-Mod...1000&qid=1558169350&s=gateway&sr=8-4-fkmrnull if you intend to build your system up, even if not 1000 watts is a good medium to sit comfortably and game casually and stream if you want. additionally if your thing is FPS and face paced action, I suggest a quicker refresh rate capable monitor that has G-sync options and 1ms response. you'll be blown away by the clarity / fluidity. Hope that helps feel free to ask any questions ill do my best to answer :)

Apr 27, 2019
Just be sure to put all your games and media files / misc stuff you dont access much on a HDD and just your OS and the primary games you play on the ssd for extremly fast cache's and pre-fetches, Oh and dont forget to update to 1809 W10, and NEVER be to confident in your PSM, i'd shoot for anything over 1000 watt https://www.amazon.com/ROSEWILL-Mod...1000&qid=1558169350&s=gateway&sr=8-4-fkmrnull if you intend to build your system up, even if not 1000 watts is a good medium to sit comfortably and game casually and stream if you want. additionally if your thing is FPS and face paced action, I suggest a quicker refresh rate capable monitor that has G-sync options and 1ms response. you'll be blown away by the clarity / fluidity. Hope that helps feel free to ask any questions ill do my best to answer :)
thanks will not be enough for your kind co-operation. i am out of money right now to upgrade my monitor. i am considering to have ssd and add 8gb ram more. dont you think its hardware issue? may be my cpu gpu or ram is defected or something like that??

Apr 27, 2019
Mar 29, 2019
thanks will not be enough for your kind co-operation. i am out of money right now to upgrade my monitor. i am considering to have ssd and add 8gb ram more. dont you think its hardware issue? may be my cpu gpu or ram is defected or something like that??
I think your first step should be just like you said but I would get the ram first, (make sure its from the same company and batch, with equal mHz, if you bought 1 x trident g.skill 3200 with samsung B-die's off amazon or something(ex) you're going to want to order the EXACT same one its very important for ram to match just a heads up, and I recommend the 970 pro ssd from samsung, over 2k r/w speeds :D lightning fast it's awesome. and If you think it could be ram hardware being the issue hit the windows key + r and type this in mdsched.exe let windows run through that and if everything checks out, do me a favor and open a game that was stuttering see if you can duplicate the issue then quickly alt tab to an open task manager window and observe the memory section like so https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au0VBbJ7M3a38k0rz61CdUMDlYl6

Apr 27, 2019
I think your first step should be just like you said but I would get the ram first, (make sure its from the same company and batch, with equal mHz, if you bought 1 x trident g.skill 3200 with samsung B-die's off amazon or something(ex) you're going to want to order the EXACT same one its very important for ram to match just a heads up, and I recommend the 970 pro ssd from samsung, over 2k r/w speeds :D lightning fast it's awesome. and If you think it could be ram hardware being the issue hit the windows key + r and type this in mdsched.exe let windows run through that and if everything checks out, do me a favor and open a game that was stuttering see if you can duplicate the issue then quickly alt tab to an open task manager window and observe the memory section like so https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au0VBbJ7M3a38k0rz61CdUMDlYl6
my ram brand is geil evo, myself never heard of it before buying. i will buy exactly same ram. i will test my ram the way you mentioned when i get to home and will be touch with you to inform

Mar 29, 2019
i have done all this earlier but unfortunately does not work for me.
bummer was hoping that'd work haha, may have narrowed it down though! here's the link with all your mobos bios, driver and utility updates, MAKE A RESTORE POINT AND BACK EVERYTHING UP BEFORE DOING ANYTHING PAST THIS POINT just to be safe. Never know what bugs could arise. then after backup and restore verify which bios is most current then run the windows updater and restart, then hop in your bios and check the version and make sure it matches current one if NOT the right bios version then, install the latest bios and skim through the drivers and utilities. not everything is needed per say. so just pick what would optimize your style, however there's one in there that says "Improve system compatibility when graphics card is installed." that might be worth trying to download by itself and see if performance improves, Now I dont have to much insight on your bios settings or how ram frequencies and core clocks effect an intel CPU ( I run AMD now a days) but almost positive you'll want Lower CAS > Faster frequencies but dont quote me on it :p let me know what the culprit ends up being
CORRECT BIOS UPDATING PROCEDURE
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H370M Pro4/index.asp#BIOS

Apr 27, 2019
bummer was hoping that'd work haha, may have narrowed it down though! here's the link with all your mobos bios, driver and utility updates, !! MAKE A RESTORE POINT AND BACK EVERYTHING UP BEFORE DOING ANYTHING PAST THIS POINT !! just to be safe. Never know what bugs could arise. then after backup and restore verify which bios is most current then run the windows updater and restart, then hop in your bios and check the version and make sure it matches current one if NOT the right bios version then, install the latest bios and skim through the drivers and utilities. not everything is needed per say. so just pick what would optimize your style, however there's one in there that says "Improve system compatibility when graphics card is installed." that might be worth trying to download by itself and see if performance improves, Now I dont have to much insight on your bios settings or how ram frequencies and core clocks effect an intel CPU ( I run AMD now a days) but almost positive you'll want Lower CAS > Faster frequencies but dont quote me on it :p let me know what the culprit ends up being
CORRECT BIOS UPDATING PROCEDURE
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H370M Pro4/index.asp#BIOS
omg that seem to be tricky , um feeling scared to do on my own, bios setup is full of complexity i assume, should i avoid it?

Mar 29, 2019
@johnny cruise

Honestly if it's intimidating dont stress it, just Download CPU-Z https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html and it will tell you in one of it's windows what version bios you have. Just know that eventually you'll need to learn how to bios update yourself. Not only is there a plethora of setting s you can tune but if you ever get BSOD or make windows unstable you'll have to navigate through bios to revert whatever made the system un bootable (just an example) now, If it is outdated and you really dont think you can do it without messing it up or just don't want to risk it I recommend scheduling an appointment with someone at a store like Micro center https://www.microcenter.com/ or any specialty computers store full of nerds who love doing this shit... like me. (guilty as charged :tearsofjoy:) and just run them over the whole situation, they might even stumble across a few setting that can optimize your computers performance. hope you're able to narrow it down quickly! I know how frustrating that can be, Built my set up from the ground up and let me say i've gone through more BSOD and fresh windows installs, restores backups, you name it i've probably experienced it 😆 but half the fun is fine tuning your overclock to find that optimal loop hole in your system. every system has a loop hole in that you can push it WAY beyond what it's advertised as and still run it healthy when the loophole is achieved, which I think I have recently accomplished, I successfully overclocked my ram to the HIGHEST stable frequency on a AMD tr4 mobo Zen+ architecture that I know of to date... that isn't bottle necked by the mobo's memory controller frequency cap that is, mine is 3600 hense stopping at 3568 cl14 with a bus increase to x 101.00

this is my cpu (AMD TR 2950x 16c / 32t) up against Intel's HEDT processor the i9-7980XE with 18c / 36t and still came out on top, and that was just before I over clocked my ram to a stable 3568 cl 14 on a quad channel 3200 cl16 Corsair Dominator Plat. ROG special edition Samsung B-dies kit, ill post back with benchmarks with new ram, it's quite the improvment since AMD cpu's in Zen+ benefit off the Infinity fabric which is controled by... you guessed it, ram speed. :smilingimp:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au0VBbJ7M3a3sAjyRMC938ri9KCB

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2019
@johnny cruise

Honestly if it's intimidating dont stress it, just Download CPU-Z https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html and it will tell you in one of it's windows what version bios you have. Just know that eventually you'll need to learn how to bios update yourself. Not only is there a plethora of setting s you can tune but if you ever get BSOD or make windows unstable you'll have to navigate through bios to revert whatever made the system un bootable (just an example) now, If it is outdated and you really dont think you can do it without messing it up or just don't want to risk it I recommend scheduling an appointment with someone at a store like Micro center https://www.microcenter.com/ or any specialty computers store full of nerds who love doing this shit... like me. (guilty as charged :tearsofjoy:) and just run them over the whole situation, they might even stumble across a few setting that can optimize your computers performance. hope you're able to narrow it down quickly! I know how frustrating that can be, Built my set up from the ground up and let me say i've gone through more BSOD and fresh windows installs, restores backups, you name it i've probably experienced it 😆 but half the fun is fine tuning your overclock to find that optimal loop hole in your system. every system has a loop hole in that you can push it WAY beyond what it's advertised as and still run it healthy when the loophole is achieved, which I think I have recently accomplished, I successfully overclocked my ram to the HIGHEST stable frequency on a AMD tr4 mobo Zen+ architecture that I know of to date... that isn't bottle necked by the mobo's memory controller frequency cap that is, mine is 3600 hense stopping at 3568 cl14 with a bus increase to x 101.00

this is my cpu (AMD TR 2950x 16c / 32t) up against Intel's HEDT processor the i9-7980XE with 18c / 36t and still came out on top, and that was just before I over clocked my ram to a stable 3568 cl 14 on a quad channel 3200 cl16 Corsair Dominator Plat. ROG special edition Samsung B-dies kit, ill post back with benchmarks with new ram, it's quite the improvment since AMD cpu's in Zen+ benefit off the Infinity fabric which is controled by... you guessed it, ram speed. :smilingimp:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au0VBbJ7M3a3sAjyRMC938ri9KCB
yeah, i will go to my retailer and ask them to update bios if it needs, but first i am gonna do that stuffs you mentioned. i will have 8 gb more ram and ssd , if the problem still persists, i will go to the retailer

Mar 29, 2019
going to my retailer this friday, thanks for everything mate, i will let you know what happens next
Do you mind if I ask who your retailer is? No stress if so, was just going to suggest going to their website and looking for a "terms and conditions" or whatever contract they might have you sign in order for them to work on your system in store. If you are able to locate it, just make sure there's nothing stating that they WOULDN'T be responsible for errors THEY cause. Next, Record footage of your system successfully booting up from a the S(0) state(Turned Off) keep recording until you've captured footage of the stuttering problem that brought you here in the first place. having this footage will not only help them identify the issue quicker, but it also serves as proof of a bootable operating system and computer prior to you bringing it into them. (!Make sure the date Is before fri. In the video!) This is just in case they try to give it back to you in an unstable state, or have made it worse than before. Also skim the contract for anything that indicates that they would be installing any third party software, and that your data, personal information, credit cards, passwords, encrypted files, and system files not be sold off, opened, read, copied or tampered with in anyway regardless of what drive or I/o PCI memory banks the file is contained in. AND MAKE SURE YOU SAVE A BACKUP FILE TO YOUR ONEDRIVE AS WELL AS A THUMB DRIVE THAT YOU CAN KEEP WITH YOU. This is in case the operating system is rendered un-bootable for any number of reasons.
All of this is just a precaution in order to guarantee your ability to pursue a lawsuit against them and still be able to regain control of your operating system in the event that any of these parameters are imposed upon and being that you did not sign a contract stating they could do so. The chances of these things happening are one in a million so don't let it worry you just be smart I'm sure you've got this, I'll check back Friday and see how you're doing let us know and best of luck!

Mar 29, 2019
Do you mind if I ask who your retailer is? No stress if so, was just going to suggest going to their website and looking for a "terms and conditions" or whatever contract they might have you sign in order for them to work on your system in store. If you are able to locate it, just make sure there's nothing stating that they WOULDN'T be responsible for errors THEY cause. Next, Record footage of your system successfully booting up from a the S(0) state(Turned Off) keep recording until you've captured footage of the stuttering problem that brought you here in the first place. having this footage will not only help them identify the issue quicker, but it also serves as proof of a bootable operating system and computer prior to you bringing it into them. (!Make sure the date Is before fri. In the video!) This is just in case they try to give it back to you in an unstable state, or have made it worse than before. Also skim the contract for anything that indicates that they would be installing any third party software, and that your data, personal information, credit cards, passwords, encrypted files, and system files not be sold off, opened, read, copied or tampered with in anyway regardless of what drive or I/o PCI memory banks the file is contained in. AND MAKE SURE YOU SAVE A BACKUP FILE TO YOUR ONEDRIVE AS WELL AS A THUMB DRIVE THAT YOU CAN KEEP WITH YOU. This is in case the operating system is rendered un-bootable for any number of reasons.
All of this is just a precaution in order to guarantee your ability to pursue a lawsuit against them and still be able to regain control of your operating system in the event that any of these parameters are imposed upon and being that you did not sign a contract stating they could do so. The chances of these things happening are one in a million so don't let it worry you just be smart I'm sure you've got this, I'll check back Friday and see how you're doing let us know and best of luck!
Oh and one thing I forgot to mention is to save your bios settings If you like what they are at now because a new BIOS update will wipe your CMOS which resets your motherboard bios to default factory settings. You can save current settings to a thumb drive or compatible CD via HDD I believe

Reactions: johnny cruise
Apr 27, 2019
Oh and one thing I forgot to mention is to save your bios settings If you like what they are at now because a new BIOS update will wipe your CMOS which resets your motherboard bios to default factory settings. You can save current settings to a thumb drive or compatible CD via HDD I believe
thanks for your suggestion, i forgot to back up my files and remove my credit card info. now i am going to do this. tomorrow i am going to them. i hope they will be nice to me as they have pretty good reputation here.