Question Stuttering in every video game. At my wit's end here.

Nov 14, 2021
Okay so first things first:

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32gb 3200mhz
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: MSI RTX 2060 6GB
MOBO: ASUS TUF B550 Plus
PSU: Not entirely sure the exact model, but its a Thermaltake 600w power supply.

Link to UserBenchmark Scores: Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS Performance Results - UserBenchmark

Here's the results if you don't feel like clicking.UserBenchmarks: Game 62%, Desk 100%, Work 58%

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - 92.9%

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 - 57.9%

SSD: Intel 545s Series 512GB - 119.9%

SSD: Samsung 970 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB - 316.1%

USB: Kingston DataTraveler 3.0 124GB - 6.4%

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x16GB - 96.6%

MBD: Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS

​

So as the title says, in every game I play, whether it be Hunt: Showdown or Outer Worlds, Bioshock Infinite or Fallout 4, I'm getting stutters. It's not exactly a constant thing but it happens a lot. I've noticed it happens the most when, while playing a game, I move from one area to another. I don't mean like when I hit a load screen. I mean when I'm traversing an open level and when the game decides to render the area I'm walking towards the game gets hung up for a second. Again, this is in every game I play and some games its worse than others. I've also had my monitor stop displaying anything for a second or two. In fact it happens every time I boot up and get to the computer's login screen.

I've tried all the Windows and Nvidia Control Panel tweaks and nothing seems to work. I've done a fresh install of Windows several times and the issue persists so I imagine its a hardware problem, probably the GPU or the PSU from what I've learned from Google. Suppose I just need help narrowing it down.

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks!P.S. Sorry for no HWinfo screenshots but I can tell you that every component's temp was in the 40 degrees celsius range except my GPU, which was in the 60 degree area.

Not sure if this will be helpful but here's me playing Outer Worlds. The video isnt all that smooth but the game was running at a high framerate except for the stutters. "Thanks" to OBS though they aren't super noticeable. [
(https://youtu.be/a3nCNNSJY_M)]View: https://youtu.be/a3nCNNSJY\_M](https://youtu.be/a3nCNNSJY_M)

Nov 14, 2021
brand and model of the psu?
check cpu/gpu temp?
hey thanks for the reply. i booted up forza horizon 5 to run in the background while i looked at temps.

the CPU runs at about 75 degrees celsius. the GPU says 75 degrees celsius but the hot spot temp is hovering around the 105 - 109 degree range. not sure if thats bad or not but i cant imagine its good.

the PSU is a Thermaltake SMART 600w PSU 80 Plus

i would also like to state that the GPU is too hot to touch for too long and when i opened Ryzen Master or when i switch to its window my screen flashes black for like 3 milliseconds

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
The hotspot temperature's really getting u8p there. Do you see any severely reduced clock speeds when you have temperatures that high?

I don't think it's directly the problem here, but that's an awfully junky PSU that should never have been used with this build. Hopefully, it's not indirectly the problem by damaging components. It should be replaced immediately.

Nov 14, 2021