Question Stuttering in games after upgrading Ram?

Jan 7, 2022
Hello, these are my specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 3500X
24.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-36) (Formerly 8GB, I added 2x8 sticks to my 2x4 sticks)
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B450M DS3H-CF (AM4) Motherboard
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 (Gigabyte)
931GB TOSHIBA HDWD110 (SATA )
238GB SSDPR-CX400-256-G2 (SATA (SSD))

After around a year of building my new computer, I had began to suffer from severe slowdown and performance drops in several games, as well as black screens and crashes caused by lack of memory
For Christmas I ordered a 16gb duo channel set that matched my pre-existing one and plugged them in like this: 2x8 on slots 1 and 2, 2x4 on slots 3 and 4
Now, I have began experiencing what I could best describe as "freeze stutters" in a lot of games which previously didn't have them, despite the improved performance. This also carries over to my browser
The game will stop for 1-2 seconds while the audio and everything else continues to run as intended, and then the screen will "catch up" to it and continue running as normal
It doesn't seem to be a factor of performance, moreso the computer just chugging
When I look in task manager everything seems to be fine, and not being able to figure out the cause is driving me insane, as one problem has just been replaced with another
Any help would be appreciated

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

24.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-36) (Formerly 8GB, I added 2x8 sticks to my 2x4 sticks)
You never mix and match, you work with a matched kit from the factory/out of the box. What are the make and models of all sticks of ram?

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU as well as it's age.

Jan 7, 2022
Oh! Sorry!
I'm not much of a technician, but I believe all the sticks come from the same brand. It's PATRIOT Viper. I wouldn't know the greater specifics without some pointers for things like PSU, but I believe it to be a recent model.

TRENDING THREADS