Question Stuttering in games and slow loading of graphics.

May 16, 2019
Need help. Im having stuttering in games and slow loading of graphics. Every part of my system is new. Can anyone help? Im about to give up trying to fix it and return all parts.

CPU: Intel i7 9700k
Mobo: ASUS - ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
RAM: CORSAIR - VENGEANCE LPX Series 16GB (2PK 8GB) 3.0GHz DDR4
PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ Gold 1000W, Semi Modular, ECO Mode
Drive: PNY 120 GB

Heres a video of what happens in game with MSI Afterburner.
View: https://youtu.be/lv29ds-6nuY

Last edited:

Rexer

Distinguished
Your system looks great. Last year, I built a new i7 8700k machine with an Asus RoG Strix Z370 H board. It had it's bugs.
Looks like you're running something extra. Try turning off G-sync or Vertical sync (in the game). You have well matched hardware, you may not need G-sync or Vertical sync. Also, make sure you're running 'full screen' mode. ;Windowed' view slows the game down to 60hz and won't give a full 144hz resolution.
Live anti-virus scans can slow down a graphics program. Especially if it checks everything going in your computer. If you're running an aftermarket anti-virus, like Kaspersky or Avast!, etc., check to see if Windows Defender/firewall is on. Turn Defender off. Only one anti-virus and one fiewall.
Check the Task Manager for anything taxing your resources.
Course, there's always the chance spyware or rouge malware is roaming through your machine.
Turn stuff like game recorders off when not in use.
Check for new board drivers on the Asus site. If you see a new bios on the Asus site, load the chipset first then the bios.
Sometimes when I play Call of Duty WW2, I get a server with high ping. I'm slow, can't beat the shot even though I shoot first. If that happens, restart the game and see if the internet will etch out a new and better path to the game server.
Check your internet speeds. Games servers sometimes get routed the long way by internet providers. Restart your game to see if that doesn't lower the ping or shorten the route to the game server.
Hope this helps.

There is nothing wrong with your system (probably) the problem is with Far cry there is something with the new engine that causes random stutter without any cause.
"so with just 4 passes plotted, we can see that two of them exhibit similarly bad frametime consistency behavior. Two of the lines spike hard, to a point where it becomes noticeable in gameplay, while the other two are perfectly fine. "
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3407-intel-i5-9600k-cpu-review-vs-2700-2600-8700k