[SOLVED] Stuttering in games on my G712LW

Aug 20, 2021
Hi there, I have a big problem with gaming. I have Rog Strix G17 with RTX 2070 and 15 days ago I installed Red Dead Redemption for the third time. But I have a huge stuttering problem which never happened before. I've always playing games on Silent mode and never had this issue. But this time I can only play with Performance mode and with performance mode cpu heat goes to 95 degrees celsius.
My Windows version is 21H1 (19043.1165) and latest update is KB5005033.
And my CPU is Intel i 10750H
I can't understand the problem. I need help.
On Silent Mode (Mhz is locked on 2592 MHZ I don't know why) :
lqxl0ck.jpg

Performance Mode:
smgxowv.jpg

Solution
RDR is a very cpu intensive game so needs a strong cpu. When you run silent mode it stops the cpu boosting which helps it run cooler and quieter but limits performance. When you run performance mode the cpu can boost to its maximum but with laptops it is common for them to overheat. I would recommend Googling undervolting with ThrottleStop although not all laptops will let you. This can be a way of reducing temperature without any loss in performance. Another thing you can do with ThrottleStop is limit the maximum boost, for example only let it boost to 3.3GHz instead of 3.6GHz. This will have a smaller impact on performance than using silent mode but helps reduce temperature.

Also what RAM does your laptop have? 1x8gb, 2x8gb or...
RDR is a very cpu intensive game so needs a strong cpu. When you run silent mode it stops the cpu boosting which helps it run cooler and quieter but limits performance. When you run performance mode the cpu can boost to its maximum but with laptops it is common for them to overheat. I would recommend Googling undervolting with ThrottleStop although not all laptops will let you. This can be a way of reducing temperature without any loss in performance. Another thing you can do with ThrottleStop is limit the maximum boost, for example only let it boost to 3.3GHz instead of 3.6GHz. This will have a smaller impact on performance than using silent mode but helps reduce temperature.

Also what RAM does your laptop have? 1x8gb, 2x8gb or something else?

Solution
Aug 20, 2021

Also what RAM does your laptop have? 1x8gb, 2x8gb or something else?

I've always played the games on silent mode but never had stutter. I'm thinking it's a software issue but can't find it.

1x16 gb Ram.

I've always played the games on silent mode but never had stutter. I'm thinking it's a software issue but can't find it.

1x16 gb Ram.
Is it you have never played a game that is as cpu intensive and therefore the lost performance of running silent mode hasn’t impacted the game experience? Also running single channel RAM (1 DIMM) is known to cause stuttering in some games, not sure if RDR is one of them. Unfortunately it’s common with gaming laptops to sell a single channel setup even though it can have a material impact on gaming performance just so they can save a few $/£.

Aug 20, 2021
Is it you have never played a game that is as cpu intensive and therefore the lost performance of running silent mode hasn’t impacted the game experience? Also running single channel RAM (1 DIMM) is known to cause stuttering in some games, not sure if RDR is one of them. Unfortunately it’s common with gaming laptops to sell a single channel setup even though it can have a material impact on gaming performance just so they can save a few $/£.

I've played RD2 to two times and it was always with silent mode and never had any issues. Can this problem is about Windows 10 updates?