Stuttering in games since last Windows 10 Update - kb4022725 [1607]

BudMaister

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016
Hello everyone!

I am having stuttering problems in games after the last Windows 10 Update. kb4022725 [1607].

I don't have any heat or performance problem (at least not that I know after checking with MSI Afterburner and other tools). In some games the stuttering is really annoying (Hearthstone, FIFA 17) because it happens every 2-3 seconds, in others (like Rainbow Six Siege) it's not so annoying because it happens 1 time every 15 minutes (please note that it never happened before) while in some other games (like Tekken 7) I notice stuttering just when the game loads something, even small (like selecting objects in character customization).

I don't know if it's system related or driver related but sure it did start to happen after the above mentioned update.

Looks like I am not the only one: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/6h17o7/june...

Do you guys have any suggestion? Thank you very much!

Solution
try updating all drivers, some might be overwritten by windows updates
especially video card drivers and chipset drivers
USB 3 drivers as well, if these are not native from the chipset.

run 3dmark timespy, after the benchmark click on compare result online and post the link from your browser

try updating all drivers, some might be overwritten by windows updates
especially video card drivers and chipset drivers
USB 3 drivers as well, if these are not native from the chipset.

run 3dmark timespy, after the benchmark click on compare result online and post the link from your browser

Solution