[SOLVED] Stuttering in Games using Fullscreen

The_Noob_At_Sounds

Commendable
Nov 9, 2016
What's up, i'm having an issue with my PC , after I chose to upgrade to 1809 from a previous version, I got strange performance issues in certain games.

Long story short.

I deducted it to the fullscreen / Borderless/windowed modes. Something happens when I swap between them and when I use them.

In fullscreen, I get FPS drops from 300 + to 0-20fps for the duration of mouse movement.

In Borderless, and Windowed, I get no issues what so ever.

I use 3 monitors, Let's call them 1,2,3. 1 is my primary (G-sync) 1920x1080 144hz montior. The other two are basic 1920x1080 monitors.

When I start a game and it goes fullscreen, the background of monitor 2, shows on monitor 3, and my game stutters.

When I go to select borderless and or windowed mode, the background swaps back and the stutters are gone.

PC specs: GEFORCE RTX 2080TI,
Processor: i7 8700k watercooled.
RAM : 16GB Corsair (x2 8gb)
Monitor: 1920x1080, 144Hz Monitor,
MOBO: ASUS PRIME Z370-A

Keyboard: Corsair Vengance k70 RGB Lux

Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB (Alternate logitech basic mouse) I used this when troubleshooting thinking it could be my mouse drivers that messed up.

The_Noob_At_Sounds

Commendable
Nov 9, 2016
SOLVED
The issue was solved by removing "game Bar" from the system, while also checking the "Don't optimize fullscreen" in the properties-compatibility menu for the games that stutter.

Solution
Sep 27, 2020
trust me this works...
Just set your game on highest resolution given ( or near to your screen resolution)..and it will run good (in the cost of some fps tho..)