Stuttering in games with 100+ fps?

tage0906

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017
The year is 2017, for ages I have been urging to build a computer by myself. Since I was little I have always liked PC's and been inspired by the technological advance that I did not yet understand. I built my first PC and I was proud. I knew everything I needed to know, well, untill some weeks ago when my PC was done and I had installed all my games. the games would be stuttering at 110 fps and frames would be missing. I was clueless and I still am. So now I'm seeking help from a website filled with wise men and women eager to learn new things to themselves and others and most importantly to help. So. Plis help. Specs:

MSI GeForce gtx 1070 gaming z 8gb

I5 7600k kaby lake processor

CRYORIG H5 Ultimate CPU cooler

MSI z270 a-pro atx motherboard

Corsair TX 550m powersupply

Corsair Vengeance LED 3200mhz LED 2x8gb

Cooler master master case 6 pro 1 fan front, 1 fan back

500gb Samsung evo ssd

Sorry for the long text but sometimes a man's gotta do what a man does

Solution
There can be numerouse reasons for stuttering/non smooth like performance ranging from software to hardware.

Since youre getting high fps and not seeing smooth playback on screen suggests the monitor isn't keeping up with its refresh.

A 144hz monitor is ideal, otherwise vsync is used to cap fps to match the hz refresh of the monitor

boju

Titan
Ambassador
There can be numerouse reasons for stuttering/non smooth like performance ranging from software to hardware.

Since youre getting high fps and not seeing smooth playback on screen suggests the monitor isn't keeping up with its refresh.

A 144hz monitor is ideal, otherwise vsync is used to cap fps to match the hz refresh of the monitor

Solution