Question Stuttering in games

Aug 23, 2020
So i just built my first pc with reasonable specs listed below, but i get stuttering and huge frames drops in games. Any idea on how to fix this?

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
GPU AMD Radeon 5700 rx
Corsair RM750 750W PSU
Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" HDD
WD Blue 3D 500GB 2.5" SSD
ASUS ROG Strix B450-F GAMING

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
You have a great build there my friend. Nice choices you made. When you say stutter do you mean freeze go freeze go. Like it stops for a second then jerks again or can you move mouse around except the world is laggy? Im trying to figure out if a stutter is net connection or video card related. Do you have any weird programs running in the background in the system tray and what not? You have a sexy system but I don't know how much RAM you have I will guess 16GB at least so that along with SSD and a very nice CPU in the 2700x which is comparable to a 9900k. This is the problem with AMD it is nothing new.TLDR 🙈

Do you know if your SSD is working when you get the laggy game play? Try disabling stupid things like 3rd party anti virus or firewall and make sure you don't have nothing running in the background taking up resources. Also go to your BIOS and set to optimized defaults then go to Windows power options and set to high performance then come back and tell me what happens.🙏🖐💯🤷‍♀️

Aug 23, 2020
You have a great build there my friend. Nice choices you made. When you say stutter do you mean freeze go freeze go. Like it stops for a second then jerks again or can you move mouse around except the world is laggy? Im trying to figure out if a stutter is net connection or video card related. Do you have any weird programs running in the background in the system tray and what not? You have a sexy system but I don't know how much RAM you have I will guess 16GB at least so that along with SSD and a very nice CPU in the 2700x which is comparable to a 9900k. This is the problem with AMD it is nothing new.TLDR 🙈

Do you know if your SSD is working when you get the laggy game play? Try disabling stupid things like 3rd party anti virus or firewall and make sure you don't have nothing running in the background taking up resources. Also go to your BIOS and set to optimized defaults then go to Windows power options and set to high performance then come back and tell me what happens.🙏🖐💯🤷‍♀️
The lag is when my world lags, but my mouse is fine and my fps is fine too. My power options are already on high performance. The only antivirus i have is the windows one, do i just disable that one then? and yes i got 16 gb.

TRENDING THREADS