Question Stuttering in games ?

Jul 7, 2022
Hello,
recently I am having problems with an awful stuttering in games. The game where it is most annoying is fifa. But I also have some FPS drops with old games like Darksiders 2 for example. Here are my userbenchmark results:

UserBenchmarks: Game 45%, Desk 80%, Work 42%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G - 66.4%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060-6GB - 56.1%
SSD: Samsung 980 NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB - 295.5%
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 3000 C15 2x4GB - 83.4%
MBD: Asus TUF B350M-PLUS GAMING

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. Please include it's age as well.

As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you working with? If you're on Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you currently on?

Reactions: 359FuJin
Jul 7, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. Please include it's age as well.

As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you working with? If you're on Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you currently on?

Thanks for the reply. Noted!
So, currently I am using windows 10 version 21h2. My Bios version is 4023. The Power Supply I am using is Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 230V 650W 80+

Stuttering is caused by a temporary lack of a critical resource.
For games, this will usually be either the cpu or the gpu.

In your case, I suspect that your 2200G processor is one cause.
Run the cpu-Z bench and look at the single thread rating.
It should be about 331:
https://valid.x86.fr/bench/3adp6j

Not much you can do about that except to upgrade the processor.

Another possibility is the lack of ram.
8gb is a bit small.
If you have a hard fault(needed code is not in ram) then your cpu stops dead until that is resolved.
Look in task manager/resource monitor/memory tab.
If you see anything more than zero, buy a 2 x 16gb ram upgrade kit.
In the mean time, do not run any other apps like discord while gaming.

Jul 7, 2022
are your games installed on hard drive or SSD ?
All games are installed on NVME. And the windows as well. I got rid of my hard disk and my sata ssd. I bought the Nvme like a week ago and 3 or 4 days later all the trouble began. I doubt the problem is from the nvme though.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2022
Stuttering is caused by a temporary lack of a critical resource.
For games, this will usually be either the cpu or the gpu.

In your case, I suspect that your 2200G processor is one cause.
Run the cpu-Z bench and look at the single thread rating.
It should be about 331:
https://valid.x86.fr/bench/3adp6j

Not much you can do about that except to upgrade the processor.

Another possibility is the lack of ram.
8gb is a bit small.
If you have a hard fault(needed code is not in ram) then your cpu stops dead until that is resolved.
Look in task manager/resource monitor/memory tab.
If you see anything more than zero, buy a 2 x 16gb ram upgrade kit.
In the mean time, do not run any other apps like discord while gaming.

Hi,
I ran the cpu-Z bench and the result of the single core tread is 413. The Multi core result is 2177.
I couldn't exactly understand the "hard fault" part! It goes way above 0 (sometimes reaches 1000). While playing Fifa 22 the Ram is like: 6.3/8 GB

Hi,
I ran the cpu-Z bench and the result of the single core tread is 413. The Multi core result is 2177.
I couldn't exactly understand the "hard fault" part! It goes way above 0 (sometimes reaches 1000). While playing Fifa 22 the Ram is like: 6.3/8 GB
When a hard fault happens, it is because the needed instruction is not in real ram.
The app must stop while windows moves some other less used 4k page to the page file, to make room for the page with the needed instruction.

If that exchange takes, say 0.1 ms seconds, then 1000 faults per second will look like 10% cpu utilization. But, it may take even more time if your ssd is so busy that the activity overflows whatever buffers it has.
Windows always tries to have some ram available for instant needs.
How much is used is not particularly relevant.

Try to eliminate all other tasks while gaming.
8gb may not be enough, and you really should have more like 16gb, and even more if you are running other apps, browsers or discord at the same time.

Reactions: 359FuJin
Jul 7, 2022
When a hard fault happens, it is because the needed instruction is not in real ram.
The app must stop while windows moves some other less used 4k page to the page file, to make room for the page with the needed instruction.

If that exchange takes, say 0.1 ms seconds, then 1000 faults per second will look like 10% cpu utilization. But, it may take even more time if your ssd is so busy that the activity overflows whatever buffers it has.
Windows always tries to have some ram available for instant needs.
How much is used is not particularly relevant.

Try to eliminate all other tasks while gaming.
8gb may not be enough, and you really should have more like 16gb, and even more if you are running other apps, browsers or discord at the same time.

Could the monitor be the problem?

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
295% What else is running in the background ?
Might want to turn off the Windows Pagefile, Superfetch Service, Windows Search (will still be able to search), Right click on drive and turn off Indexing too. Also do you have the OneDrive turned on or turned on by Updates ?

One thing you should do before changing system settings is to take a user system restore point.
Sometimes we get so bollixed up that we forget what we have done.
A system restore checkpoint gets you back to where you were.
Windows never makes a mistake,(supposedly) so it may turn off that capability.
But, windows sometimes pushes out less than optimal drivers.
It is good to be able to reset back to when all was well.
A restore checkpoint is not large, so do not worry about the max size you configure.