Question Stuttering in games.

Apr 29, 2022
I've made some other posts on my stuttering issues but i haven't been able to get a fix so i thought id try asking one more time.
Specs.
Ryzen 7 5700G, GTX 1650 SUPER, MSI B550M PRO VDH WIFI, 16GB Corsair RAM 3200mhz and a Corsair CV550 PSU.
I run my games off a 1TB M.2 SSD (Intel 660p, 551 GB Free)
Things i've tried.
-Disabling the IGPU from the CPU in BIOS.
-Using DDU for Nvidia Drivers.
-Downloaded chipset software from manufactures website.
-Reseating RAM and GPU.
-Loading optimized defaults in BIOS.
-Reinstalling windows.
I've checked that my temps are fine and they seem okay (65-70 Celcius GPU and CPU)
The only thing i haven't tried is updating the BIOS but i don't know if that would fix it. I'm running version 7C95v2A.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Latest BIOS might not fix the problem, but I'd update anyhow. These days it is always recommended to keep the BIOS up to date because new Windows updates and drivers sometimes tend to break things on some BIOS releases especially if they are far out of date, which yours isn't necessarily, but even if they are not. Some BIOS releases are in fact intended to correct issues resulting from something in existing BIOS release that is not compatible with latest driver frameworks or Windows configurations, or specific memory kits, graphics cards, etc.

So at least you'd know it WASN'T due to that if you were on the latest version.

Probably MORE important, is the fact that you have a particularly poor quality power supply. The very first thing I'd do, maybe even before bothering with the BIOS, is get a better quality power supply.

Also, you ARE connecting your display cable to the ports on your graphics card, NOT to the ports on the back of your motherboard, right?

Apr 29, 2022
Latest BIOS might not fix the problem, but I'd update anyhow. These days it is always recommended to keep the BIOS up to date because new Windows updates and drivers sometimes tend to break things on some BIOS releases especially if they are far out of date, which yours isn't necessarily, but even if they are not. Some BIOS releases are in fact intended to correct issues resulting from something in existing BIOS release that is not compatible with latest driver frameworks or Windows configurations, or specific memory kits, graphics cards, etc.

So at least you'd know it WASN'T due to that if you were on the latest version.

Probably MORE important, is the fact that you have a particularly poor quality power supply. The very first thing I'd do, maybe even before bothering with the BIOS, is get a better quality power supply.

Also, you ARE connecting your display cable to the ports on your graphics card, NOT to the ports on the back of your motherboard, right?
Yeah ill try and update it soon, mostly afraid that ill end up bricking my entire system, and yeah i am connected through the GPU and its through HDMI my monitor doesnt have DP ports

That is why I said I'd recommend dealing with the PSU first before updating the BIOS since the last thing you want is any kind of problem related to the power supply glitching or hiccuping while updating the BIOS. And the CV series is pretty bad. Even Jon Gerow (JonnyGuru) who is the chief engineer for power supply development at Corsair would grimace anytime one of them was mentioned and he flat out stated he'd never recommend anybody buying one of them unless it was unquestionably the best option from a bunch of very bad options, and even then it might be better to wait and save for better options.

And if you decide you ARE going to replace it with a better quality unit, don't just go buying something without checking back here so we can make sure you don't end up with as bad or worse of a problem. Brand means nothing when it comes to power supplies. Every brand has units that are terrible or at least not very good and that should be avoided, as well as also having good or excellent ones. Well, some companies don't have ANY good models, but just about every company that sells good models also sells cheap crappy ones too so don't go by brand, go by specific model.

Apr 29, 2022
That is why I said I'd recommend dealing with the PSU first before updating the BIOS since the last thing you want is any kind of problem related to the power supply glitching or hiccuping while updating the BIOS. And the CV series is pretty bad. Even Jon Gerow (JonnyGuru) who is the chief engineer for power supply development at Corsair would grimace anytime one of them was mentioned and he flat out stated he'd never recommend anybody buying one of them unless it was unquestionably the best option from a bunch of very bad options, and even then it might be better to wait and save for better options.

And if you decide you ARE going to replace it with a better quality unit, don't just go buying something without checking back here so we can make sure you don't end up with as bad or worse of a problem. Brand means nothing when it comes to power supplies. Every brand has units that are terrible or at least not very good and that should be avoided, as well as also having good or excellent ones. Well, some companies don't have ANY good models, but just about every company that sells good models also sells cheap crappy ones too so don't go by brand, go by specific model.
oh, well any PSU you recommend?

If it is THIS unit, then it is pretty good. Expensive usually, but good. It's based on the Seasonic Focus Plus Gold platform which is a rather good design. If it is new and the price is affordable to you, you could do worse. What is the price on that? Got a link to it? Probably I can find you something as good but cheaper. Almost certainly. Shipping, customs tax, things like that, I don't know about but I imagine you do.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asus-rog-strix-650w-power-supply

Apr 29, 2022
If it is THIS unit, then it is pretty good. Expensive usually, but good. It's based on the Seasonic Focus Plus Gold platform which is a rather good design. If it is new and the price is affordable to you, you could do worse. What is the price on that? Got a link to it? Probably I can find you something as good but cheaper. Almost certainly. Shipping, customs tax, things like that, I don't know about but I imagine you do.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asus-rog-strix-650w-power-supply
it is that one, heres the link Asus ROG-STRIX-650G Fuente de Poder ATX, 650 W, 80 Plus Gold, Completamente Modular https://a.co/d/hABKrhs, if you could find a cheaper but as good id appreciate that

TRENDING THREADS