Stuttering in league of legends

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudwub

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2014
Hey everyone!

Recently I have been noticing some weird stuttering going on whenever I play league of legends, and only in that game and I am curious if anyone could identify it as a hardware issue or as a latency issue? It does not happen too often but when it does it just makes me wonder what is causing it.

I recorded a video of this type of stuttering happening. It happens right around 1:36. The characters kind of stutter forward for a split second. Here is a link to the video i recorded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wT_GWnnDYU

Let me know what you guys think, and thanks for the help!

Specs:
CPU: i7-4790k
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz
GPU: MSI OC GTX 970
Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 5
PSU: Corsair HX 1050
SSD: Crucial MX100

Solution
I'm not going to lie, I didn't see the stutter. But I know there is a difference between seeing it and feeling it.

This may not work for you, but I think I'll throw the idea out there.

Something that caused certain games for me to stutter was caused by having two sound drivers installed.

You may know how to check this, but I'll write it out just in case:
start>right-click mycomputer>manage>device manager>sound,video, and game controllers.

Make sure you only have one sound driver enabled. Either uninstall or disable other sound drivers that are not in use. Commonly, Realtek drivers or High Definition Audio device drivers are used.

Sorry if you already know how to do this stuff, just want to be thorough. :) Like I said, this may not...

Kiloton-phreak

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015
I'm not going to lie, I didn't see the stutter. But I know there is a difference between seeing it and feeling it.

This may not work for you, but I think I'll throw the idea out there.

Something that caused certain games for me to stutter was caused by having two sound drivers installed.

You may know how to check this, but I'll write it out just in case:
start>right-click mycomputer>manage>device manager>sound,video, and game controllers.

Make sure you only have one sound driver enabled. Either uninstall or disable other sound drivers that are not in use. Commonly, Realtek drivers or High Definition Audio device drivers are used.

Sorry if you already know how to do this stuff, just want to be thorough. :) Like I said, this may not be your issue at all, but it was once for me so I thought I'd try to help. Good luck!

Solution

mudwub

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2014
Actually, I had no idea that this was a thing, so thank you for informing me!

Now as for which ones to disable, I went ahead and took a picture of my device manager because I am not sure which ones to disable/uninstall.

http://imgur.com/54IZF5j

As you can see, I have 5 of them. I primarily use my g930 headset, so does that mean I should uninstall/disable all of them except that one? Or would uninstalling all of those have some sort of negative effect on the computer/the g930 software?

I am thinking my best bet would be to disable them unless I need them again? Or is uninstalling more effective?

And if I do disable them should it be through the device manager or through the playback options?

Edit: also, the g930 is a USB audio device, so right now the realtek audio manager does not detect anything being plugged into the ports back there.

Mar 8, 2021
Same problems here:
Ryzen 3600X
RTX 3060TI (gigabyte)
16gb (3200 RAM)

-All the drivers on date (doing a clean instalation for GC)
-Game bar and nvidia game overlay also
-Energy option changed to high performance in windows
-Nvidia control panel option as nvidia technician said

Same problems here:
Ryzen 3600X
RTX 3060TI (gigabyte)
16gb (3200 RAM)

-All the drivers on date (doing a clean instalation for GC)
-Game bar and nvidia game overlay also
-Energy option changed to high performance in windows
-Nvidia control panel option as nvidia technician said

Please don't don't jump in to someone else's thread --- start your own. It's unfair to expect a helper to deal with two people on the same thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.