Question Stuttering in some games, tried loads of things. Please help!

Nov 3, 2019
So I bought a new computer, but have some old hardware in it.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Gigabyte Aorus Elite B450 motherboard
Corsair DDR4 3200mhz 32GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Graphics
BenQ 144hz monitor

My issue is that in most games I experience micro stuttering. It doesn't seem to be any type of situation it occurs in, just random. I also have very low fps in some games, which I should be able to run with max graphics and no fps issues.

I tried:
Reinstall
Driver update
Driver downgrade
New SSD
Disabling windows background stuff
Emptystandbylist
LatencyMon (And fixing most of the stuff it told me to)
Disabled throttling
All power plans
All different NVIDIA settings
New network cables
New router
Changing hz on monitor
Uninstalling razer/iQUE software(Using razer mouse)
Removing windows game bar and application frame host
Using Ryzen software to disable simultanious multithreading
-And probably loads more than I can't remember.

Anyone have any advice for me here? Please?

Edit: I have 700mbit fiberoptics connection, and I've done ping testing for 1 week showing no connection issues in terms of packet loss.

Last edited:
List the games this happens on together with the settings and the resolution you use and the FPS you get and also very important state in what part of the game you get these FPS.
A lot of games just have serious problems with stutters from the coding and others have just some scenes that are really badly optimized so that info is going to be helpful in deciding if you really have a problem or if it's just the games.

Nov 3, 2019
List the games this happens on together with the settings and the resolution you use and the FPS you get and also very important state in what part of the game you get these FPS.
A lot of games just have serious problems with stutters from the coding and others have just some scenes that are really badly optimized so that info is going to be helpful in deciding if you really have a problem or if it's just the games.

Borderlands 3, doesn't matter what settings I have, or what situation I'm in, still stutters.
7 days to die, same as above
Diablo 3, same as above
Black Desert Online, at lower settings, the fps is higher but no difference in stuttering. My old computer had better performance than this one, and that was 7 years old..

It doesn't seem to be any correlation between FPS and stuttering, I get it with 140fps and also on 40fps.
Since these games mostly work fine for everyone else, I'm pointing my fingers at my computer, and probably something I did wrong.

Nov 3, 2019
make and model of the psu
cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?

PSU: Cooler Master B500, 500W PSU

This is on low graphics, and now I have about 60fps in game. (Black Desert Online) People with somewhat same spec as me get around 300fps with these settings.

I looked at updating the BIOS, but couldn't find out what version I needed.
The windows is not freshly installed now, but I had the same issue from day one.

Nov 3, 2019
So, I bought a new SSD M.2 - Still have the same issues. I will literally pay the person that can figure this out for me, given I have spent so much money and time trying to resolve this.

More things I've tried:
-New SSD and reinstalled windows
-GPU temperature monitoring and fan adjustment
-Undervolting my CPU (-102mv)
-Enabling HPET in windows (also tried with it off, no difference) bcdedit /set useplatformclock true, /set disabledynamictick yes, /set tscsyncpolicy Enhanced
-Clocking up my GPU mhz and RAM speed.

Pretty pretty please help me resolve this!