Question Stuttering Issue on all Games on my Laptop

Apr 9, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I purchased a gaming Laptop(Asus ROG Strix Scar 2-GL504GS) back in Dec'18 and everything was fine until a few months when games started stuttering on my laptop. I sent the laptop for servicing and the issue was resolved for some time when again almost all of my games started stuttering(except CSGO).
I updated all my driver and updated Windows(1803 Version at that time) and the issue was resolved yet again. Until a few months back the same problem happened again.
I contacted ASUS support and they thought that changing the motherboard might solve the problem but it did not.
I couldn't contact them again since I had to go home for my Holi break.
As of now, I have tried resetting windows, fresh installing windows, Uninstalling graphics drivers with DDU, using Throttle stop(when the stuttering started for the first time using throttlestop did help in resolving the issue but now even that doesn't help.
All my games except CSGO(which also I play on very low settings) seem to stutter.
For example, I mainly play Rainbow Six Siege and the below posted screenshot happens every time when I launch the game after a few minutes
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-LGAES83
System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model Strix GL504GS_GL504GS
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. GL504GS.308, 13-03-2020
SMBIOS Version 3.1
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product GL504GS
BaseBoard Version 1.0
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.628"
User Name DESKTOP-LGAES83\chauh
Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 12.1 GB
Total Virtual Memory 18.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory 12.9 GB
Page File Space 2.88 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes
The above is my System Information File. I couldn't figure out how to upload the whole file.
Apologies for ant grammatical errors, it is my firs time writing on a blog post.
Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.
:)

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020
I have a i7-8750H in my laptop too and notice stuttering too because it gets way to hot and starts throttling. What I did to get good temps was undervolt and downclock. Sometimes I get a stutter but not that frequently as before. Use throttlestop to do this. Search for guides how to use it because my setting could not work for you're cpu.

I have a -200mV on cache and vcore, and my max multiplier is 3.1 Ghz. Max temps are 74°C before it was always 90+ and throttling.

Last edited: