[SOLVED] Stuttering issue,unknown culprit. Every game from minesweeper to CP2077

Aug 11, 2021
So i have this laptop that i use mainly for school, i also used to play a few games with it.
The laptop is very recent , 1 year old if that old but it seems im running into some issues.
See, the laptop is heating a whole lot but i-m not sure that-s whats causing my problems.
Basically whatever game i try to play, the laptop stutters every couple of frames no matter the settings,no matter the game, requirements or how many fps i have.
Worth noting that this didnt happen when i first got it and i really just dont know where to look.
Skyrim SE was running at 60 fps at 1080p but keeps stuttering 24/7.
Skyrim LE which as you all know is much old runs with the same 60 and yet also stutters 24/7.
This even happens in games like KOTOR or SWTOR, even the most lightweight game you can think of, makes the laptop stutter.
One thing i noticed is that disabling turbo boost helps the stuttering quite a bit BUT decreases fps by like 40/50 % if not more.
Old games where i have 200 fps or something, turning it off is doable, but in more recent ones thats not really an option, so really im just stumped here. Im probably going to take it to get it looked at but i just wanted some opinions first.
Remember, this didnt happen when i first got it,i also have an external fan. Usually when my desktop stutters it just means i need to do some spring cleaning but with a laptop i have no idea what im looking at.
GPU MX350
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz 1.19 GHz
8GB RAM
Plugged in or not makes no difference.
Heres a video of how it used to run >
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3efw5JgiBlM&t=166s&ab_channel=SomethingNew

Solution
I would download HWmonitor from cpuid and see what temps your actually getting.
Make sure to click the setup link and ignore all the other download buttons.

Other things I would try is booting off of a memtest86+ usb drive and see if there is an issue with ram configuration.
Make sure there are not alot of things running in the background.
If you have an HDD try running a check disk command on the drive.
Do you have any anti-virus installed?
Have you tried backing up your data and reinstalling windows?
Driver updates?

BlueGhost82

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
I would download HWmonitor from cpuid and see what temps your actually getting.
Make sure to click the setup link and ignore all the other download buttons.

Other things I would try is booting off of a memtest86+ usb drive and see if there is an issue with ram configuration.
Make sure there are not alot of things running in the background.
If you have an HDD try running a check disk command on the drive.
Do you have any anti-virus installed?
Have you tried backing up your data and reinstalling windows?
Driver updates?

Solution