Question Stuttering issue with RTX 3070 and i7-10700K ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 27, 2021
hi I have been having an issue for the past two months and cant figure out why my pc keeps stuttering with high fps i play games such as destiny 2 gta 5 and blood hunt and in all those games i keep getting micro stutters with high fps every setting i have on the games are run on low settings and i have done a ddu reinstalled windows, my temps are fine never go over 58 on cpu or 65 on gpu.

i have an rtx 3070 asus ko oc edditon and did not have this problem until recently. At first the problem would be me stuttering bad over and over with music on then i upgraded ram and now have micro stutters but this never happened when i was playing warzone. I left that game and now are having the problem some of my other games.

Specs:

msi z490 -a pro mother board,
RTX 3070
i7-10700K
3600 mghz 32 gb ram,
NZXT AIO
750 w corsair rated bronze psu.

I had upgraded my psu from a 650 gigabyte psu and it lowered the amount of stuttering but still happens somewhat frequent. other than the psu the only thing i changed from warzone was the cooler for cpu from an air cooler to the nxzt aio. any advice would help me out. my windows is on a ssd too btw.

Sep 27, 2021
the only thing that i have done was in msi after burnner i turned the core voltage to 100 witch i was told to idk if this would effect anything
but it was on this for a little and saw no stuttering when i upgraded to better ram and nvme and a aio is when it started to happen

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
but it was on this for a little and saw no stuttering when i upgraded to better ram and nvme and a aio is when it started to happen
1)Better ram... how?
Can you roll back to the old kit?

2)Have you checked the health of the storage drives lately?
Since they're both Samsung, you can use Magician for this.

3)AIO. Hmm, something may be overheating, that normally wasn't with the air cooler. :unsure:
Try putting the air cooler back on. Hopefully, you didn't get rid of it - I believe you need a backup cooler when using AIOs.

Sep 27, 2021
i was uzing nzxt cam to watch cpu and it seems the clock is droping from like 4500 mghz tp like 4000 then it will go to like 4200 then back up while gaming

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Run Unigine Valley looping while HWiNFO64 runs in the background (sensors only, logging on). After 15 mins stop the benchmark
Do that like this so we can take a look,

How to make a log,

download hwinfo64,
install and open it,
check "sensors-only",
click "run",
at the bottom of the window click "logging start",
choose a name and place for the log like "hwinfolog" at the "desktop",
this log can be viewed/opened with either excel from Microsoft or libre office calc.
you can upload it onto a site which facilitates this like SaberCatHost this one i like since not so much (or any) spam comes with it and does not require a log in to get the info.
Just make one until this happens like you described.

Oct 25, 2021
Hey dude, I have same issue with my system (Z490 MSI UNIFY ATX/ i7 10700K / RTX 3060 Ti / 2x8 3000 Mhz XPG D41 / 750w Core Reactor (PSU) /M.2 Adata Swordfish 500GB / AIO NZXT x73)