Question Stuttering issue with stock i7 6850K and Gigabyte GTX 1080ti

Apr 26, 2019
Hello I have a friend whose system always stutters in games (they play FFXIV and League of Legends). They never seem to hit over 120fps at all and has stutters at moments.

the specs I know are:

i7 6850K @ 3.6Ghz
32GB RAM
Gigabyte GTX 1080ti
1000W 80+ Platinum PSU

They run 3 BenQ monitors, 1 being a 144hz one... but I don't see that being an issue as I run similar myself with a R5 1600 + 1880ti with 4 monitors (1 120hz, 1 ultrawide) with no issue.

Thanks for any help!

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Given how you're comparing your friend's build to yours, we're expecting to see two sets of specs, one is of your friends and one is of yours. Please list both specs PSU's make and model, not just the wattage and their efficiency rating.

Are both systems on the same OS(and version of the OS)? Are both system's on the same monitor real estate and connected via the same methods?

Apr 26, 2019
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Given how you're comparing your friend's build to yours, we're expecting to see two sets of specs, one is of your friends and one is of yours. Please list both specs PSU's make and model, not just the wattage and their efficiency rating.

Are both systems on the same OS(and version of the OS)? Are both system's on the same monitor real estate and connected via the same methods?
Well idk fully myself or I would have said lmao

But they would never use shitty parts so obviously no hardware is an issue.