Question Stuttering/laggy movement when moving mouse

Aug 4, 2019
Whenever I move my mouse in game slowly I get some stuttery/ laggy look. It kinda looks like a fps slideshow or something. I believe it has something to do with screen tearing but I've tried capping my fps at 73fps as I have a 75hz monitor, I've also enable V-Sync, and tried lowering my mouse polling rate but the issue still persists. I am also experiencing a lot of shimmering on lines and textures, I've tried putting AA on max but it doesn't help.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Processor: Intel i7-7700
Ram:16gb

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019
Whenever I move my mouse in game slowly I get some stuttery/ laggy look. It kinda looks like a fps slideshow or something. I believe it has something to do with screen tearing but I've tried capping my fps at 73fps as I have a 75hz monitor, I've also enable V-Sync, and tried lowering my mouse polling rate but the issue still persists. I am also experiencing a lot of shimmering on lines and textures, I've tried putting AA on max but it doesn't help.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Processor: Intel i7-7700
Ram:16gb

Is there any way you could upload a video and showing what it looks like?
Just by reading your description I have truly no idea what it is or what it could be related to.

For starters what you can do is checking if there are any background processes running in the background, maybe some processes are eating up resources causing the stuttering.

Getting a lower fps on certain games is totally normal, try to mess around with the graphics settings a little bit.
Maybe it's something related to motion blur?
Maybe the game you're trying to play is buggy, does it happen on all games or a specific one?

Aug 4, 2019
Is there any way you could upload a video and showing what it looks like?
Just by reading your description I have truly no idea what it is or what it could be related to.

For starters what you can do is checking if there are any background processes running in the background, maybe some processes are eating up resources causing the stuttering.

Getting a lower fps on certain games is totally normal, try to mess around with the graphics settings a little bit.
Maybe it's something related to motion blur?
Maybe the game you're trying to play is buggy, does it happen on all games or a specific one?
I would do that but when I record a video of it occuring it isn't visible in the video which I thought was weird.
I have motion blur disabled.
The stuttering doesn't occur in Fortnite but shimmering does, and in GMOD I experience the stuttering and the shimmering. Another detail I will include is in GMOD with slow mouse movement playermodels seem to leave like some trail or blur to them while moving/trying to aim at them and move at the same time.

Aug 8, 2019
I would do that but when I record a video of it occuring it isn't visible in the video which I thought was weird.
I have motion blur disabled.
The stuttering doesn't occur in Fortnite but shimmering does, and in GMOD I experience the stuttering and the shimmering. Another detail I will include is in GMOD with slow mouse movement playermodels seem to leave like some trail or blur to them while moving/trying to aim at them and move at the same time.

If it's all perfectly rendered by the game but you see something else on the screen, it's more likely that the problem lies with the display.
So in short, if you use a screen recording software, you don't see it, what about making the video with a phone or a camera if you have one?

By the sound of it the only thing I can think about is that your display/monitor is dying, I've seen some blurry effect that fits your description.

Are there more games in which you have similar issues?

Do you have all drivers installed and updated ?(especially those of you graphics card)

Aug 4, 2019
If it's all perfectly rendered by the game but you see something else on the screen, it's more likely that the problem lies with the display.
So in short, if you use a screen recording software, you don't see it, what about making the video with a phone or a camera if you have one?

By the sound of it the only thing I can think about is that your display/monitor is dying, I've seen some blurry effect that fits your description.

Are there more games in which you have similar issues?

Do you have all drivers installed and updated ?(especially those of you graphics card)
I'll try and get a recording up tomorrow or something, but haven't really experimented with any other games as I don't own that much. I do have my graphic card drivers up to date as well

Here's a screen recording anyways, you really can't see anything but as I was moving around that player In game it looked very stuttery and like the character had some sort of blur trail while I was moving around them. I get the same effect on textures on the walls too, it just looks very stuttery with slow movements.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019
Yeah to be honest I can't see it at all, may I ask what your monitors refresh rate is?
have you tried using a different monitor to see if the problem persists?

Aug 4, 2019
Yeah to be honest I can't see it at all, may I ask what your monitors refresh rate is?
have you tried using a different monitor to see if the problem persists?
75hz, I don't have any other monitors to test. I would more than gladly pick up a 144hz monitor if it will solve this problem.

TRENDING THREADS