Question Stuttering/mini freezes in Windows & games ?

Jan 16, 2022
Hello, I have been having stutters/microfreezes for about a month now and run out of ideas as to what the problem could be.
I have tried and replaced all hardware in this system and reinstalled windows from usb countless times with no success.
The stutter occurs mostly in games but can occur in windows when loading a program, the arrow freezes for a second.

• I have monitored temps and everything is ok.
  • I ran 3Dmark and got a good score even tho i could see the minifreezes in the rendering.
  • I tried diffrent monitors/hz/cables.
  • I tried restore to default bios settings.
  • I tried xmp 1 and 2 and off.
  • I couldn't see any spikes in utilization on hardware while monitoring.
  • I updated all drivers in device manager manually.
  • I tried countless gpu drivers using ddu everytime.
  • I tried replacing mouse and keyboard, and unplugging all usb,network and sound.
  • I tried g-sync on/off and v-sync and countless of nvida cp settings.
  • I tried upgrading win10 to 11 .

I built this pc a year ago and it has been running fine untill 3 weeks ago.
I did notice at one point one of my cpu cores whas at 95% utilization, but that was the max.
Usually cpu usage is at 30-50% in games.

Can't remember all that i tried but its a lot more than those I've listed.

Here are my specs:

win11
CPU: intel i7 10700k
MOBO: msi z590 A-PRO
RAM: 32gb 3200mhz ddr4 HyperX Fury (2x16)
SSD:MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2
GPU: MSI Geforce RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC
PSU: Fractal Design ION Gold 850W Fully Modular

bretbernhoft

Prominent
Jan 18, 2022
wherebret.com
You might consider turning off any background images that change or rotate every once and again, such as a slideshow on the desktop. I was experiencing something quite similar to this a few years back, and after exhaustively testing my system and software(s), I considered turning my background image(s) off, and only using a colored backdrop. After doing this, my issues with stuttering and artifacting videos was resolved.

Jan 16, 2022
You might consider turning off any background images that change or rotate every once and again, such as a slideshow on the desktop. I was experiencing something quite similar to this a few years back, and after exhaustively testing my system and software(s), I considered turning my background image(s) off, and only using a colored backdrop. After doing this, my issues with stuttering and artifacting videos was resolved.

I looked thru all windows theme and slideshow everything is turned off unfortunately. thanks anyway!