[SOLVED] Stuttering on all Games

Mar 2, 2021
I have bad stuttering in every game I play. No matter what the settings are at, how much VRAM I'm using, what the resolution is, or what the fps is I still get extreme stuttering that makes it look like I'm playing at 40fps This has only been happening for the past week or two. I haven't had any major updates besides the new Nvidia driver and I haven't installed any background apps, like ICUE, in the past few months. I was looking at the new Nvidia drivers Reddit FAQ and four people said that they had the same problem. I tried reinstalling the driver and it had no effect. If this could be the problem, how could I revert to a previous version?
Nvidia 2080 SUPER
Intel i7 10th Gen
Hyper X Fury 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 Ram

Edit: I reverted to an older driver version and I'm still experiencing the sutter.

Last edited:
Solution
Just go to control panel, and under programs uninstall all Nvidia labeled drivers. Then download 471.96 Nvidia driver, do not install the GeForce experience , just Install the drivers. Then see if problem persists. If it does please list what monitor you are using, and if you could post up your 3d settings in the Nvidia control panel so we can take a look at your settings plz.
Just go to control panel, and under programs uninstall all Nvidia labeled drivers. Then download 471.96 Nvidia driver, do not install the GeForce experience , just Install the drivers. Then see if problem persists. If it does please list what monitor you are using, and if you could post up your 3d settings in the Nvidia control panel so we can take a look at your settings plz.

Reactions: RodroX
Solution
Mar 2, 2021
Here are my 3d settings. Also, I already reverted to an older driver and it didn't fix the stuttering.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
UBM: It failed the gpu portion but passed everything else.
Remove the gpu, blow out the PCIe slot and external ports. Test games.
If still no dice, run MSI Afterburner and un-link the Power and Temperature Limits - there should be a chain link icon for you to click on.
After un-linking, click the Power Limit slider, drag it all the way down, and click Apply. Test games.

Reactions: RodroX

Like Phaaze88 wrote:

• Turn off the PC.
  • Unplug the power cable from the wall socket).
  • Press the power button a few times and then keep it down for at least 15 seconds (this will drain any residual energy).
  • Unplug the display/monitor cable.
  • Open the case side panel.
  • Take a picture of how the pcie power cables are plug into the GPU (this are the cables that come from the psu).
  • Unplug all the pcie power cables from the GPU.
  • Open the motherboard pcie slot latch, and gently remove GPU from the case.
  • Blow out the dust from the PCIe slot where the GPU goes, and do the same to the external ports.
  • If you want, press the power button a few more times.
  • Now insert the GPU back (you should see/hear the latch "clip" the GPU in place, and then use the screws to the case back panel) and plug all the pcie power cables the way they used to be (be sure to clip them in place).
  • Turn ON the PC and see how it goes (remember to plug the display cable to the GPU port, and the power cable back into he wall socket).
Let us know how it goes,I would run userbenchmark one more time and post the link here!