[SOLVED] Stuttering On Most Games. (OVERWATCH) (GTA V) (BO3) (Dying Light)

Atrox321

Prominent
Jun 20, 2019
PC SPEC:
CPU: i7 8700K
Motherboard: Asus Z370f
GPU: GTX 1080
RAM: 16GB DDR4 3000MHz
Liquid Cooler: Corsair H100i V2
SSD: Samsung Evo 240GB
HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM
PSU: Corsair Gold 650w
Case: NZXT s340 Elite (not important to mention the case but the pc is not hot)

I have tried to play most games especially Overwatch but they all seem to stutter. My CPU is overclocked (stable overclock), I have tried to test without the overclock as well but I receive the same problem. Also, the GPU is overclocked but still receiving the stutter even if the overclock is on or off.

The GPU temp while I game is at 40-55 degrees and for the CPU its at 35-50 degrees.
The method I have tried:
1-Reinstalled Windows
2-disable windows graphicdynamic by cmd
3-DDU
4- Lower the game video settings
5-Underclock the GPU
6-Empty Standby
7-Transfer the game (Overwatch) to SSD.
8-Reset BIOS and disable every overclock.
9-test other games and i tested bo3 and GTA but same problem
10- changed it to fullscreen, windowed and bordless window.
12-turned off vsync
13-customised nvidia control panel for the best gaming performance.

All of the above methods did not work as I have researched everything online.

Lets talk more about the stuttering, I can run on max settings and my system will be able to handle it but i get random stutter for no reason, I have used afterburner to search for the issue and luckily i think i manged to find it, well its a think but I still need your help, but anyways the GPU usage is at 93% on max video setting on Overwatch but then it suddenly drops to like 30% usage and I get a stutter. This happens like every 1-2 10 minute. Which is pretty annoying.

Lastly, this is a new PC that was built last month and fully cleaned from the inside including the outside. My room temp is not hot but rather cold but not too cold.

So do you guys have any clues on how to fix this problem.

Thank you :)

Solution
Is your GTX 1080 from Nvidia or a different reseller such as MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA, Zotac, etc...
Do you have installed the nvidia drivers or also the manufacturer drivers?

The temperatures are definitely good, anything above 60° is pretty much gonna thermal throttle your CPU or GPU unless you disable that feature in your BIOS.

Do you run background applications?
Do you use discord and have the overlay enable? (There were many cases in which people experience stutters, or crashes with overlay enable)
Perhaps programs like wallpaper engine that use up some of your GPU?

Also, could you try to play any of the games you mentioned earlier and run msi afterburner in the background and make a screenshot of the monitoring tab?

You should be...
Aug 8, 2019
Is your GTX 1080 from Nvidia or a different reseller such as MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA, Zotac, etc...
Do you have installed the nvidia drivers or also the manufacturer drivers?

The temperatures are definitely good, anything above 60° is pretty much gonna thermal throttle your CPU or GPU unless you disable that feature in your BIOS.

Do you run background applications?
Do you use discord and have the overlay enable? (There were many cases in which people experience stutters, or crashes with overlay enable)
Perhaps programs like wallpaper engine that use up some of your GPU?

Also, could you try to play any of the games you mentioned earlier and run msi afterburner in the background and make a screenshot of the monitoring tab?

You should be able to see all temps but also the CPU, GPU, and RAM usage.

Solution

Atrox321

Prominent
Jun 20, 2019
I want to really thank you for the effort you put towards the fix. I managed to find a fix, which was I forgot to download the cpu drivers, which caused many games to stutter. Also, I run discord with overlay and also use paper engine. I know disabling those will give more performance. Gladly, I managed to find fix. I would have really tried your methods but everything seems to work fine.

Thank you.

Aug 8, 2019
I want to really thank you for the effort you put towards the fix. I managed to find a fix, which was I forgot to download the cpu drivers, which caused many games to stutter. Also, I run discord with overlay and also use paper engine. I know disabling those will give more performance. Gladly, I managed to find fix. I would have really tried your methods but everything seems to work fine.

Thank you.

I'm very glad to hear that! Keep it up mate and game on(y)

TRENDING THREADS