Question stuttering on Ryzen 2700 and Rx5700

Oct 9, 2021
I have stuttering in some games, like the forest, total war rome 2, BIG ones in the witcher 3 (unplayable), in hitman absolution all works ok. Skyrim and fallout4 have stuttering to
Specs
Windows 10 1909
Mother: Gigabyte x470 Aourus gaming 5 wifi
Ram adata Spectrix D41 3000mhz 2x8
i have tried in 3000 2133 and 3200 and the same now is in 2966 i think.
CPU:Ryzen 2700
GPU: Amd Rx 5700 gigabyte gaming OC 8gb
PSU:Gigabyte 650w bronce.
SSD gigabyte 240gb
Disc WD blue 1tb
this is a clean windows intal i already used ddu, and reinstaled the drivers, i have turned off HDCP to, and same
now im playing at 1920x1080

This situation is * i played better in a xbox one i selled it to buy this pc and now i cant play *

when the fps drops the ms change from 16 to 163 i already have done OC to the cpu and changed ram frecuency and same. already updated bios, already tried default settings.
asd.thumb.png.f733ecef14e4b8df90c6a207c7ad60c0.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have stuttering in some games, like the forest, total war rome 2, BIG ones in the witcher 3 (unplayable), in hitman absolution all works ok. Skyrim and fallout4 have stuttering to
Specs
Windows 10 1909
Mother: Gigabyte x470 Aourus gaming 5 wifi
Ram adata Spectrix D41 3000mhz 2x8
i have tried in 3000 2133 and 3200 and the same now is in 2966 i think.
CPU:Ryzen 2700
GPU: Amd Rx 5700 gigabyte gaming OC 8gb
PSU:Gigabyte 650w bronce.
SSD gigabyte 240gb
Disc WD blue 1tb
this is a clean windows intal i already used ddu, and reinstaled the drivers, i have turned off HDCP to, and same
now im playing at 1920x1080

This situation is * i played better in a xbox one i selled it to buy this pc and now i cant play *

when the fps drops the ms change from 16 to 163 i already have done OC to the cpu and changed ram frecuency and same. already updated bios, already tried default settings.
asd.thumb.png.f733ecef14e4b8df90c6a207c7ad60c0.png
try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU again (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot, go to power plan and choose amd ryzen balanced and connect to internet.

• Install the latest radeon driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 if you use 2 sticks. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update).
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Hello Blasster1900. I'm not certain what's causing your problem, but I'd like a little more background if that's okay. Questions: When did this problem begin? Was your gameplay ever stable without stuttering? What changed in your system recently around the time of these problems? If this problem started from the day that you purchased this GPU, then may I ask where you purchased it from? I ask because I'm wondering if it's possibly defective.

Initially I thought perhaps you previously installed Windows under an Intel build and simply moved the SSD over to this AMD build, but you've already stated that you reinstalled Windows; not applicable.
You've already run DDU and reinstalled drivers.
You've updated BIOS. You haven't stated that you've updated chipset drivers from AMD website, although I don't think that's the solution to this problem.

Which slots have you installed the RAM into? Correct slots according to your manual?

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_x470-aorus-gaming-5-wifi_1002_e_200710.pdf

Your RAM is rated for 3000 Mhz, but you've tried it as low speed as 2133 with the problem persisting, so it sounds like you've gone as far as disabling XMP.

Question: This problem happens without an overclock to neither the CPU nor the GPU?

You've mentioned that you've disabled HDCP, which makes me think that you're displaying on a television, not a traditional gaming monitor? May I ask what's the mfg. and model of your display?

The one thing that I didn't see you mention is which cooler are you using for you Ryzen 7 2700 (non -x) ? While you're gaming, what temps does HW monitor report?

Addendum: Disregard my temperature question. I see your temps in your screen shot, which I didn't notice earlier.

Oct 9, 2021
Hello Blasster1900. I'm not certain what's causing your problem, but I'd like a little more background if that's okay. Questions: When did this problem begin? Was your gameplay ever stable without stuttering? What changed in your system recently around the time of these problems? If this problem started from the day that you purchased this GPU, then may I ask where you purchased it from? I ask because I'm wondering if it's possibly defective.

Initially I thought perhaps you previously installed Windows under an Intel build and simply moved the SSD over to this AMD build, but you've already stated that you reinstalled Windows; not applicable.
You've already run DDU and reinstalled drivers.
You've updated BIOS. You haven't stated that you've updated chipset drivers from AMD website, although I don't think that's the solution to this problem.

Which slots have you installed the RAM into? Correct slots according to your manual?

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_x470-aorus-gaming-5-wifi_1002_e_200710.pdf

Your RAM is rated for 3000 Mhz, but you've tried it as low speed as 2133 with the problem persisting, so it sounds like you've gone as far as disabling XMP.

Question: This problem happens without an overclock to neither the CPU nor the GPU?

You've mentioned that you've disabled HDCP, which makes me think that you're displaying on a television, not a traditional gaming monitor? May I ask what's the mfg. and model of your display?

The one thing that I didn't see you mention is which cooler are you using for you Ryzen 7 2700 (non -x) ? While you're gaming, what temps does HW monitor report?

Addendum: Disregard my temperature question. I see your temps in your screen shot, which I didn't notice earlier.
the gpu is downclocking. the thing is that i already tried changing pc power settings to performance i already used wattman to set a minimum clock speed but it makes what it wants.